Blueyonder query

Old September 15th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

Default Blueyonder query

Does anyone know if there are problems switching from using a USB
adaptor (to ethernet, to plug into the cable unit) to having an NIC
card installed in a PC (I'm thinking of MAC being logged by ISP, and
the use of the NIC causing a problem, in this case). For a friend who
is visiting relatives in Sheffield, and the friend will be on the phone
if it doesn't work, so I want some idea in advance, if possible :-)) Ta!

Old September 15th 05, 09:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In . net,
poster opined very noisily:
Does anyone know if there are problems switching from using a USB
adaptor (to ethernet, to plug into the cable unit) to having an NIC
card installed in a PC (I'm thinking of MAC being logged by ISP, and
the use of the NIC causing a problem, in this case). For a friend who
is visiting relatives in Sheffield, and the friend will be on the
phone if it doesn't work, so I want some idea in advance, if possible
:-)) Ta!

UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/5jpa4 - Happy to save cash with
Plus.Net!!

By do not require logging of MAC addresses any more
Should be able to plug in , reboot the modem and away you go
possibly also reboot PC
Plug in, reboot modem ,then PC
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Old September 15th 05, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

poster wrote:

Does anyone know if there are problems switching from using a USB
adaptor (to ethernet, to plug into the cable unit) to having an NIC
card installed in a PC (I'm thinking of MAC being logged by ISP, and
the use of the NIC causing a problem, in this case). For a friend who
is visiting relatives in Sheffield, and the friend will be on the phone
if it doesn't work, so I want some idea in advance, if possible :-)) Ta!

They got rid of NIC registration a while ago.

Modem only supports one or the other when it comes to USB and ethernet
and you need to switch off and switch on when changing
for the modem to auto detect and reconfigure.

Old September 15th 05, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 15 Sep 2005 20:21 GMT, "Yddap" wrote:

By do not require logging of MAC addresses any more
Should be able to plug in , reboot the modem and away you go
possibly also reboot PC
Plug in, reboot modem ,then PC

Thanks for your fast response. Gave me some peace of mind anyway !!