Does this product exist ?

Old September 15th 05, 09:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
anon

Default Does this product exist ?

Hi
I have a Netgear DG834 ADSL/Modem firewall Router (with 4 port 10/100
Network connectors)
Its NOT Wifi but direct RJ45 connection to my PC....all working ok
My son now has a Sony PSP (portable playstation) that is WIfi enabled...of
course he can't connect
to the internet through my Cable only DG834.
As I have 3 spare RJ45 network connections on my DG384 ..is their a product
that will plug into
on of these that will convert it to a Wifi connection ie Network RJ45
connector to Wireless
convertor....if not why not ?
Regards

Old September 15th 05, 10:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:00:09 +0000 (UTC), "anon"
wrote:

As I have 3 spare RJ45 network connections on my DG384 ..is their a product
that will plug into on of these that will convert it to a Wifi connection ie Network RJ45
connector to Wireless convertor.

a Wireless Access Point, Netgear et al make them.

Phil

Old September 15th 05, 10:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
anon

wrote:

As I have 3 spare RJ45 network connections on my DG384 ..is their a
product
that will plug into on of these that will convert it to a Wifi connection
ie Network RJ45
connector to Wireless convertor.

a Wireless Access Point, Netgear et al make them.

Phil

Ok many thanks for the replies......now I understand ...
Easy really ..why couldn't I work it out (?)
regards

Old September 16th 05, 01:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Maybe you should consider selling the DG834 and getting a wireless router
instead,
it could work out cheaper and neater.
Only I wouldn't touch Netgear with a barge pole, once bitten...
Regards,
Martin