Best ADSL ISP with no download limit?

Old September 15th 05, 10:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

Default Best ADSL ISP with no download limit?

I've had it with Plusnet, its been ever changing T&C's the last 6 months,
sometimes I never got the emails advising they were changing, just heard by
word of mouth ... Today they did email me and shut down my connection
(presumably to put me on a throttled pipe?) to say I have been a bad boy and
have been downloading too much, they are throttling my connection for the
next 30 days as punishment, don't plan to be with them for longer than
necessary though.

Rant over, please don't convince me I should stay with them ... I've had
enough, there has been lots of problems, this is just the straw that broke
the camels back.

Soooo, would like to hear of any ADSL ISP's offering a monthly contract with
no download limits, obviously I don't mind paying a bit more than I do to
Plusnet.

PS: my line is only capable of 1MB.

Cheers.

Colin

Old September 15th 05, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I've used Netservices (NS) since December 2003. My BT line is capable
of only 500kbps and the NS service is not cheap at £19.99 + VAT, but
it is unlimited and reliable. I could save £5-10/month if I moved,
but there's no point given the QoS I get. Ts & Cs have not changed
since I signed up. If you check out their network map you can see why
the service is so good as they are awash with bandwidth. They also
offer L2TP if you need really secure ptp and you can get VoIP within an
uncontended network.

Nick

PS I'm just a satisfied customer and have no shares in or association
with NS.

Old September 15th 05, 11:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Derek Baker

wrote in message
ps.com...
I've used Netservices (NS) since December 2003. My BT line is capable
of only 500kbps and the NS service is not cheap at £19.99 + VAT, but
it is unlimited and reliable. I could save £5-10/month if I moved,
but there's no point given the QoS I get. Ts & Cs have not changed
since I signed up. If you check out their network map you can see why
the service is so good as they are awash with bandwidth. They also
offer L2TP if you need really secure ptp and you can get VoIP within an
uncontended network.

Nick

PS I'm just a satisfied customer and have no shares in or association
with NS.

Netservices don't do too well he
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/com...action=Compare

I'm with Eclipse.
--
Derek

Old September 16th 05, 12:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

PS I'm just a satisfied customer and have no shares in or association
with NS.

Netservices don't do too well he
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/com...action=Compare

I'm with Eclipse.

Is Eclipse a monthly contract Derek?

Old September 16th 05, 12:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
woooshuk

Colin,

I am also with Plusnet and looking around.

What about www.freedom2surf.net £25pm unlimited?

Paul

Old September 16th 05, 04:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

"Colin" wrote in message
[...]

Much-maligned AOL has no limits and has never complained about anything I've
downloaded. £25 a month for 1Meg (12 month minimum contrast), free modem and
no connection charges.

(kim)

Old September 16th 05, 07:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 03:20:10 UTC, "kim" wrote:

Much-maligned AOL has no limits and has never complained about anything I've
downloaded. £25 a month for 1Meg (12 month minimum contrast), free modem and
no connection charges.

Fine until someone wants to send you mail from a mail server on an ADSL
line (another ISP). AOL won't deliver such mail.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old September 16th 05, 08:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Derek Baker wrote:
Netservices don't do too well he
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isps/com...action=Compare

No they don't, do they! Useful link. Thanks.

Old September 16th 05, 08:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
CheggersPop

[...]

Zen's 1mb service is £30 per month and they'll switch you to their service
for free (which I know alot of ISP's are doing)

I've been with Zen for almost 12 months now and have never had a problem!

http://www.zenadsl.com/adsl.aspx

(".)