Metronet any good?

Old September 16th 05, 02:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
andreww

Default Metronet any good?

Hi - I am thinking of moving from BTYahoo @ 29/mth to Metronet at 19 per
month with their pay as you go on download past 4Gb (I think).

Does anyone have any good/bad comments about Metronet?

Cheers

Andrew

Old September 16th 05, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Yes, we've been using them without any problems for a few months on a
fairly lightly-used line at a monthly cost of about 13-14.

Nick

Old September 16th 05, 04:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

We use 2 service providers, one for each office. The first office has
always used Netservices. The second office was originally PlusNet (via
CharityDays) and then changed to Metronet. We changed from PlusNet
primarily because the Help Desk did not appear to have hands-on
control, where as Metronet does. Also, we like Metronet's pricing
policy, which is bounded by maxima and minima depending on how much
bandwidth you use. The change-over from PlusNet to Metronet was pretty
bloody, with lots of downtime. I perhaps should add that while it
might be nice to save a few quid by changing from Netservices to ANO,
the thought of buggering about with Help Desks as the whole thing goes
base over apex is a reason for staying put.

Old September 16th 05, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
andreww

Nicky - I take your point about saving a few quid, but the price diff
between BT and Metro and the PAYG on download is very appealing.

To be fair to BT when I said I wanted to move they offered a 25% reduction
for 3 months and then a suggestion that BT may be lowring prices anyway...
maybe. Also, I have never had any problems with BT.

Anyway, my contract with BT formally finishes tomorrow so I think I'll take
the plunge and say some prayers!

Thanks for all the comments, doesn't seem like metro suffers any great
probs.

Cheers

Andrew

oups.com...

Old September 16th 05, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob

Hi,
been using Metronet for some time now. Very pleased with the service.
Just regraded from 512k to 1mb.

Tech support is very good. They seem to be fairly active on the forums
at

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

always a good sign

Old September 16th 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 13:53:37 +0100, andreww wrote:

Hi - I am thinking of moving from BTYahoo @ 29/mth to Metronet at 19 per
month with their pay as you go on download past 4Gb (I think).

Does anyone have any good/bad comments about Metronet?

Cheers

Andrew

Been with them for about 3 years on 512k, very good service and no probs
with connection. As other post the tech support know what they are talking
about and they support linux if rquired.

Dave
Old September 16th 05, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

Rob wrote:
Hi,
been using Metronet for some time now. Very pleased with the service.
Just regraded from 512k to 1mb.

Tech support is very good. They seem to be fairly active on the forums
at

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/

always a good sign

Hmm, not necessarily. Plusnet are also active in external forums, but to
the detriment of their own news group.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old September 17th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike the Unshavable

"andreww" [email protected] writed in :

Hi - I am thinking of moving from BTYahoo @ 29/mth to Metronet at 19
per month with their pay as you go on download past 4Gb (I think).

Does anyone have any good/bad comments about Metronet?

Cheers

Andrew

Been with them almost a year, never any problems - I've recommended them
to others, who likewise have had a seemless service. Always reply to
emails, always do what they say they will, always bill on time

Thouroughly recomeded