PlusNet Idle Time Disconnect

Old September 17th 05, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Default PlusNet Idle Time Disconnect

Shouldn't the PlusNet "Idle Time Disconnect" for people on the 'Plus' tariff
taken effect by now ?

I've not noticed anything yet ?

--
Mark
Old September 17th 05, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
wooosh

Shouldn't the PlusNet "Idle Time Disconnect" for people on the 'Plus'
tariff
taken effect by now ?

I've not noticed anything yet ?

--
Mark

It has not been implemented yet. It was just a warning that they may do so
if it is needed.

Old September 19th 05, 02:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

Shouldn't the PlusNet "Idle Time Disconnect" for people on the 'Plus'
tariff taken effect by now ?

I've not noticed anything yet ?

--
Mark

You need a crystal ball to even begin to guess what Plusnet are doing these
days.

I'm of the opinions posted over on ADSL Guide forums, Plusnet are in deep
trouble, Bankruptcy .. imminent take over? I don't know? but they are in
trouble for sure, their actions can be compared to a drowning man clutching
at straws.

Plusnet had been happily announcing a cap free *cheap* service for ages,
they encouraged existing users to get more on board with referral discounts,
now they have all those extra customers using the bandwidth that was
advertised, they find they cant upgrade the hardware to cope and have
introduced panic measures ... Plusnet shoddy management and bean counters.

The final insult is the *couldn't care less* attitude of their Customer
Support, here and other places on the net, they insult our intelligence with
the usual ambiguous answers that serve only to make people more angry.

As far as I'm concerned, Plusnet have made their bed and they can rot in it.

GOOD RIDDANCE Plusnet.

Old September 20th 05, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicks

Personally I'm very pleased with my 2mb for 14.99 a month!

Without Plusnet competition ADSL prices would not be as low as they are now.
OK it was a mistake to attract the heavy users but they seem to be running
out of places to migrate to which tells its own story. Most of the
migrators seem happy to pay higher prices elsewhere so why the upleasant
complaints? - given some of the words used - including yours - I'd be happy
to see the back of you/these customers.

Old September 20th 05, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Keith Nuttall

Nicks wrote in article
:

Personally I'm very pleased with my 2mb for 14.99 a month!

Without Plusnet competition ADSL prices would not be as low as
they are now. OK it was a mistake to attract the heavy users but
they seem to be running out of places to migrate to which tells
its own story. Most of the migrators seem happy to pay higher
prices elsewhere so why the upleasant complaints? - given some of
the words used - including yours - I'd be happy to see the back of
you/these customers.

PlusNet used to attract the "power users" at one time. Their accounts
featured all sorts of techy add-ons, like 70,000 newsgroups, 250MB web
space, cgi servers, dns and mail control panels etc.

Over the last few years, it seems that they are changing their appeal,
offering cheaper and cheaper prices, whilst still providing the
services they always did.

Unfortunately, it seems that their revenue can't pay for everything
they hope to provide, and they want to keep growth by keeping prices
low. Something's got to give.

I've been a regular in PlusNet's internal newsgroup for 5 years. Quite
a few old hands are starting to buckle now, with all the changes of the
last few months. I think they are feeling abandoned and unloved, and
they aren't even heavy users.

--
Keith Nuttall
www.yammer.co.uk