NTL Broadband

Old September 18th 05, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default NTL Broadband

Hi all,

I am currently with Freedom 2 Surf, but I was sent some material from
NTL offering its 1Mb broadband service and free calls service for
24.99, and was considering switching.

Could someone who uses the service please comment on the broadband
service and how reliable it is ?

Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks

GW

Old September 18th 05, 08:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJB

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I am currently with Freedom 2 Surf, but I was sent some material from
NTL offering its 1Mb broadband service and free calls service for
24.99, and was considering switching.

Could someone who uses the service please comment on the broadband
service and how reliable it is ?

Any opinions appreciated.

I'd agree with Michael, been with thme (on cable) for over 2 yrs, no
problems. Ringing customer support is another matter though ;-)

P.

Old September 18th 05, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth :-\\\) voom

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I am currently with Freedom 2 Surf, but I was sent some material from
NTL offering its 1Mb broadband service and free calls service for
24.99, and was considering switching.

Could someone who uses the service please comment on the broadband
service and how reliable it is ?

Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks

GW

I was with NTL for years. Had problems with the c/service and telephone but
the broadband was excellent. I'm with Plusnet now but only coz NTL is not
available where I live.

Old September 18th 05, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Taylor

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I am currently with Freedom 2 Surf, but I was sent some material from
NTL offering its 1Mb broadband service and free calls service for
24.99, and was considering switching.

Could someone who uses the service please comment on the broadband
service and how reliable it is ?

Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks

I would totally recommend them, certainly a good deal at the moment; you
could even go for 1mb broadband which is currently 9.99 for 12 months.
Under 120 a year for broadband is good going.

Have a look about, there's perhaps some caps being introduced, but currently
if you're a normal user (ie: download the odd thing, even everyday, but
don't take the **** ie: downloading large files 24/7) then you'll be fine.

Old September 18th 05, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Saleh Jambo

"Taylor" wrote in message
..

NTL IMHO are the best 3mb, soon to be upgraded to 10mb by the end of this
year, flawless service, not on ounce of downtime since connection, great cs,
just my opinion others may disagree of course.

Old September 19th 05, 02:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jock Mackirdy

In article , Stephen
Chadfield wrote:

I have been an NTL cable customer since 2001. Frequent, intermittent
disconnection problems have finally driven me to look for an
alternative.

Despite being convinced that my problems were being caused by NTL's
broken network I still had to waste a days leave so I could sit in for
an engineer to come and tell me that my signal levels were fine. Half an
hour after he shrugged his shoulders and walked off my connection
dropped again.

I can't bear wasting more time on fruitless calls to customer services.
My next call to NTL will be to cancel my remaining services once ADSL is
up and running.

I think the quality of service depends on where you live. NTL took over
many different networks. My NTL broadband service in Bedford has been 100%
reliable for over 3 years.

--

Jock Mackirdy
Bedford