Linksys WAG354G

Old September 18th 05, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Linksys WAG354G

Has anyone used the Linksys WAG354G?

We are moving from a cable area so have to get ADSL instead.

I have decided to replace my ageing Linksys WAP11 wireless AP and buy a
combined unit for ADSL.

The Linksys WAG354G looks pretty good. Just wondered what everyone thought.

Thanks

Old September 18th 05, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

K wrote:
Has anyone used the Linksys WAG354G?

We are moving from a cable area so have to get ADSL instead.

I have decided to replace my ageing Linksys WAP11 wireless AP and buy
a combined unit for ADSL.

The Linksys WAG354G looks pretty good. Just wondered what everyone
thought.
Thanks

Bought one & returned it within 48 hours due to the fact it rebooted
every 90 minutes. I'll be honest I had the similar problems with other
manufacturers but in their cases it was more like 36-48 hours so it was
just not comparable...

Old September 19th 05, 12:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Kraftee" please we're
bristish.com wrote in message

K wrote:
Has anyone used the Linksys WAG354G?

We are moving from a cable area so have to get ADSL
instead. I have decided to replace my ageing Linksys WAP11
wireless AP and buy a combined unit for ADSL.

The Linksys WAG354G looks pretty good. Just wondered
what everyone thought.
Thanks

Bought one & returned it within 48 hours due to the fact
it rebooted every 90 minutes. I'll be honest I had the
similar problems with other manufacturers but in their
cases it was more like 36-48 hours so it was just not
comparable...

If you want to use VoIP as well, I can recommend the Fritz!Box Fon from
AVM, which has an ADSL modem, router (single port, so you'll need a
switch/hub) and also a 2-port VoIP ATA. I've had one up and running
continuously for three months and it hasn't missed a beat. They do a
version without the VoIP component as well, check their site www.avm.de/en

AVM are not very well known in the UK yet but are expanding. BTW I have no
connection with them, just a satisfied customer.

Ivor

Old September 19th 05, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stephen \(aka steford\)

K wrote:
Has anyone used the Linksys WAG354G?

We are moving from a cable area so have to get ADSL instead.

I have decided to replace my ageing Linksys WAP11 wireless AP and buy
a combined unit for ADSL.

The Linksys WAG354G looks pretty good. Just wondered what everyone
thought.

Thanks

I've gone against my better judgement and ordered one of these after my
trusty 3Com died after 10 months of solid connectivity. It supposedly has
good range and can take an external antenna to boost that further. I vowed
never to buy another Linksys though after the awful WAG54G - I'll see how it
goes with the latest firmware but it will go straight back if not up to the
job.