Bulldog - cold call yesterday

Old September 20th 05, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bryan

Default Bulldog - cold call yesterday

I got a cold call from Bulldog yesterday making me what sounds like an offer
I can't refuse!! 8MB broadband and phone line rental for 20 per month for
unlimited useage on BB, calls are extra. On checking their website however
it suggests this offer is only for the first six months and there seems to
be a multitude of dissatisfied customers. Anyone got any advice for me. I am
presently with Metronet 1MB and paying 13.75 per month (as I'm not a heavy
user) plus BT for line rental at the usual BT rate.

--
"you're not supposed to be sleeping Hawkeye!"

"I'm not sleeping Radar, I'm just inspecting the insides of my eyelids!"

"When you're down and out something will usually turn up...... often the
noses of your friends" - Orson Welles.

Old September 20th 05, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"Bryan" wrote in message
I got a cold call from Bulldog yesterday making me what sounds like an
offer
I can't refuse!! 8MB broadband and phone line rental for 20 per month for
unlimited useage on BB, calls are extra. On checking their website however
it suggests this offer is only for the first six months and there seems to
be a multitude of dissatisfied customers. Anyone got any advice for me. I
am
presently with Metronet 1MB and paying 13.75 per month (as I'm not a
heavy
user) plus BT for line rental at the usual BT rate.

--
"you're not supposed to be sleeping Hawkeye!"

"I'm not sleeping Radar, I'm just inspecting the insides of my eyelids!"

"When you're down and out something will usually turn up...... often the
noses of your friends" - Orson Welles.

Yes. In-laws got a cold call last week from an Indian call centre for
Bulldog. Offer was 8meg BB and telephone line for 15pm. In-laws were going
to go for it, but then received a letter stating it's 15pm for the 1st 6
months and then increasing to 30pm. But also on the letter it stated that
it was 30 from day-one. Very confusing letter.
The call centre called every day, sometimes 3-4 times a day.
My advice would be to stay away. Don't go for their offer.

Old September 20th 05, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Bryan" wrote in message
I got a cold call from Bulldog yesterday making me what sounds like an
offer
I can't refuse!! 8MB broadband and phone line rental for 20 per month for
unlimited useage on BB, calls are extra. On checking their website however
it suggests this offer is only for the first six months and there seems to
be a multitude of dissatisfied customers. Anyone got any advice for me. I
am
presently with Metronet 1MB and paying 13.75 per month (as I'm not a
heavy
user) plus BT for line rental at the usual BT rate.

--
"you're not supposed to be sleeping Hawkeye!"

"I'm not sleeping Radar, I'm just inspecting the insides of my eyelids!"

"When you're down and out something will usually turn up...... often the
noses of your friends" - Orson Welles.

Sell by phone from overseas, with "got'cha" T&C's and an unstoppable
continuing credit card authority. You know it makes no[n]sense.

Old September 20th 05, 02:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
No.6

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote in message

"Bryan" wrote in message
[...]

Be very careful of Bulldog, appalling customer service/support, hundreds if
not thousands of complaints, recently on "watchdog" and being investigated
by Oftel, have been reported for plundering credit card accounts and could
lose their telecom license.

Old September 20th 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Bryan" wrote in message
I got a cold call from Bulldog yesterday making me what sounds like an
offer I can't refuse!!

Sell by phone from overseas, with "got'cha" T&C's and an unstoppable
continuing credit card authority. You know it makes no[n]sense.

Be very careful of Bulldog, appalling customer service/support, hundreds
if not thousands of complaints, recently on "watchdog" and being
investigated by Oftel, have been reported for plundering credit card
accounts and could lose their telecom license.

What I really meant to say was that once they get their teeth into you they
bite hard and don't let go (groan)

Old September 20th 05, 08:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:08:44 GMT, "No.6" wrote:

Be very careful of Bulldog, appalling customer service/support, hundreds if
not thousands of complaints, recently on "watchdog" and being investigated
by Oftel

likely to be on you and yours noon tomorrow, there is an ISP item
although they didn't name the ISP the description fits Bulldog.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyours/

Phil