[email protected] 10 way extension lead with on/off switches ?

Old September 20th 05, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anorak

Default [email protected] 10 way extension lead with on/off switches ?

There are a a few 10 way extension leads but none I see seem to have on/pff
switches for each of the 10 sockets. Has anyone seen one WITH switches ?

Old September 21st 05, 12:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:46:24 +0100, "Anorak"
scrawled:

There are a a few 10 way extension leads but none I see seem to have on/pff
switches for each of the 10 sockets. Has anyone seen one WITH switches ?

No. Seen loads of 4 way ones with switches, buy a load and cascade
them. Other option is make one, although this might not be cost
effective depending how critical this 'turning on and off' is.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
Old September 21st 05, 12:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:46:24 +0100, "Anorak"
scrawled:

There are a a few 10 way extension leads but none I see seem to have
on/pff
switches for each of the 10 sockets. Has anyone seen one WITH switches ?

No. Seen loads of 4 way ones with switches, buy a load and cascade
them. Other option is make one, although this might not be cost
effective depending how critical this 'turning on and off' is.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group

Plenty of 6 way switched (with neons) around, and I think I saw an 8 way in
Focus / Homebase DIY, although it might have included a surge arrestor and
was expensive.

Old September 21st 05, 12:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 23:26:57 +0100, Owain
scrawled:

If you mean switched 13A mains sockets (rather than phone sockets) have
a look round www.olson.co.uk

I thought of Olson, then thought expensive, then you mentioned Olson
so I looked, and they do one, but now I've gone back to thinking
(knowing) expensive.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
Old September 21st 05, 07:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Bartholomew

Anorak wrote:
There are a a few 10 way extension leads but none I see seem to have on/pff
switches for each of the 10 sockets. Has anyone seen one WITH switches ?

Didn't see any 10 way ones but I recently bought two 6 way adaptors,
switched with surge protection. Around 15 each at B&Q

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.
Old September 21st 05, 09:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anorak

"Owain" wrote in message
Anorak wrote:
There are a a few 10 way extension leads but none I see seem to have
on/pff switches for each of the 10 sockets. Has anyone seen one WITH
switches ?

If you mean switched 13A mains sockets (rather than phone sockets) have a
look round www.olson.co.uk

Owain

Sorry I was meaning mains sockets, I already have 1 4 way connected to a 6
way, anyone beat me on this ?!

Old September 21st 05, 10:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:44:02 +0100, "Anorak" scrawled:

Sorry I was meaning mains sockets,

Ahem http://www.olson.co.uk/fused_super_slim.htm

I already have 1 4 way connected to a 6 way, anyone beat me on this ?!

Quite easily.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
Old September 22nd 05, 04:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Anorak writes
Sorry I was meaning mains sockets, I already have 1 4 way connected to
a 6 way, anyone beat me on this ?!

I know a fireman who will beat you round the head with it!
--
Pete Devlin
"And the devil in a black dress watches over"
Old September 22nd 05, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 04:37:07 +0100, pete devlin
scrawled:

In message , Anorak writes
Sorry I was meaning mains sockets, I already have 1 4 way connected to
a 6 way, anyone beat me on this ?!

I know a fireman who will beat you round the head with it!

And the rest of the half baked story you've got floating around your
head is.......?
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
Old September 22nd 05, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
pete devlin

In message , Lurch
writes
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 04:37:07 +0100, pete devlin
scrawled:

In message , Anorak writes
Sorry I was meaning mains sockets, I already have 1 4 way connected to
a 6 way, anyone beat me on this ?!

I know a fireman who will beat you round the head with it!

And the rest of the half baked story you've got floating around your
head is.......?

If you are able to put your patronising buffoonery away for a minute or
two and than ask a fireman to do an inspection on your premises he would
throw a dicky fit. You would probably find that your insurance is
invalid too, should it be found that your 4 on 6 ext lead get up be in a
premises affected by fire. I personally find it very difficult to
understand why you would advertise such gash practises whilst also
advertising your electrical company in your sig.