Cheap business BB needed

Old September 21st 05, 12:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robert

Default Cheap business BB needed

H all
Looking for cheap broadband for our shop will be happy with 1mb and a
1meg cap
Any help
Thanks
Old September 21st 05, 01:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Robert
Looking for cheap broadband for our shop will be happy with 1mb and a 1meg
cap

Those are very modest requirements, in fact you could simply sign up with
Plus.Net residential service at £14.99, for which you get up to 2Mb/s
(depending on line quality)
and future free speed upgrades to 4Mb/s and even 8Mb/s when BT's technology
catches up.
There are two choices, sort of PAYG where you pay extra for usage above 1GB
p.m.
or Broadband PLUS which has no specific usage limits, but they can slow down
video, music and software downloads at busy times, which I expect won't be
problem to you.

But if you insist on business service their Homeworker / Teleworker set up
is the same as PAYG described above. Quite few other more expensive options,
see their website.

I have been with Plus.Net for 2 and half years now, they are as
good,reliable and they won awards for customer service.
If you decide to sign up with them, please use my ID 'wester' ad a referrer
and save me few pence while we both stay with Plus.Net.
Thanks, regards,
Martin

Old September 21st 05, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 21 Sep 2005 01:24, "Martin²" wrote:

Those are very modest requirements, in fact you could simply sign up with
Plus.Net residential service at £14.99, for which you get up to 2Mb/s

If the postcode for the shop is detected as a business, they're reject it
for a home user account. Metronet starts at 11.70 (+VAT) for their 50:1
1000 kbps account with 2 GB of traffic included. They do charge a setup
fee, as do most (all?) ISPs for business accounts and it seems they are
still not passing on the reduction to activation which others may do
(Metronet charges 59.53 +VAT, while BT Wholesale is charging 40 +VAT
and even when it was 50 +VAT that 9+ quid was more than some added for
their admin costs... some passed it on at 50 quid only, which few would
have a problem with paying, but adding almost 50% is taking the mick IMO.

Old September 21st 05, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Hutchings

In article ,
robert wrote:

H all
Looking for cheap broadband for our shop will be happy with 1mb and a
1meg cap
Any help
Thanks

Not sure what they're like, but I noticed this whilst looking for
something for myself -

http://www.newnet.co.uk/broadband/home_lite.php

cheers,
Paul

Old September 21st 05, 08:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robert

Thanks i have tried a few and they all have it down as a business will
give your suggestion a go