Using a wireless router/modem and a wireless TV signal transmitter

Old September 21st 05, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

Default Using a wireless router/modem and a wireless TV signal transmitter

I want to get freeview on my PC. I can't be doing with aerial wires to
the computer room, so was going to use a TV signal transmitter that I
saw in the maplins catalogue which I sadly binned only a couple of days
before I had the need for one, to one of these
http://www.nebula-electronics.com/in....asp?Code=0003

Anyway, if I use this with say something like a netgear WAG....G model,
is the TV signal going to interfere with the ADSL signal?
--
Mike
Old September 21st 05, 09:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dominic

Mike NG wrote:
I want to get freeview on my PC. I can't be doing with aerial wires to
the computer room, so was going to use a TV signal transmitter that I
saw in the maplins catalogue which I sadly binned only a couple of days

Presumably that's a videosender, which is a 2.4GHz transmitter and
receiver pair. They take the composite video signal and a sound
signal (probably from a SCART cable) and transmit that to the receiver.
That's just one picture signal, which would have to come from a
freeview box / satellite tuner / vcr / dvd player which plugs into the
transmitter. Then the receiver would plug into the SCART socket
on the back of the (remote) TV.

before I had the need for one, to one of these
http://www.nebula-electronics.com/in....asp?Code=0003

Which is a freeview tuner which needs a TV aerial signal, which is the
single co-ax cable which goes up to the aerial on the house roof.
You'll need a wire for that! Unless you live next door to the TV
transmitting mast, then you might get away with a set-top aerial.

Anyway, if I use this with say something like a netgear WAG....G model,
is the TV signal going to interfere with the ADSL signal?

My parents have a security camera (same signal as a video sender,
2.4GHz) which doesn't seem to significantly affect the signal or
data rate from their wireless router. YMMV though. But I don't
think the video sender is going to help with what you want to do
anyway.

dom.

Old September 21st 05, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike NG

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 at 20:39:14, Dominic (Dominic
) wrote:
Then the receiver would plug into the SCART socket
on the back of the (remote) TV.

before I had the need for one, to one of these
http://www.nebula-electronics.com/in....asp?Code=0003

Which is a freeview tuner which needs a TV aerial signal, which is the
single co-ax cable which goes up to the aerial on the house roof.

LOL - thanks for bringing this to my attention
--
Mike