Line stats - Good for 8Mb you think?

Old September 23rd 05, 03:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Default Line stats - Good for 8Mb you think?

Hey,

I live, according to samknows 1.52km as the crow flies from my exchange. My
line has a downstream attenuation of 36.5 and a SNR of 28. Would this be
good for 8Mb?

Cheers

Dan

Old September 23rd 05, 08:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 03:16:24 +0100, "Dan" wrote:

I live, according to samknows 1.52km as the crow flies from my exchange. My
line has a downstream attenuation of 36.5 and a SNR of 28. Would this be
good for 8Mb?

probably not. It appears to be 3 km long.

When quoting SNR you should state the corresponding speed.

Phil

Old September 24th 05, 10:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Sorry bout that. I'm on 2Mb plusnet.

Dan

Old September 25th 05, 12:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Crosby

In article ,
says...
Sorry bout that. I'm on 2Mb plusnet.

If your modem isn't lying to you about the figures, you should be good
for 6-8Mbit on ADSL. 12Mbit or more on ADSL2+.