New Telephone System bypassing ADSL Microfilter

Old September 23rd 05, 09:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default New Telephone System bypassing ADSL Microfilter

Hello,

Sometime ago I helped a friend install broadband in his office
building.

He has recently been complaining that the ADSL is constantly
disconnecting. I went over to investigate and discovered that he has
recently had a new telephone system fitted.

The problem seems to be that the engineer "hard wired" the phone system
into the back of the master socket and therefore bypassed the
microfilter that is plugged into the front of the socket.

I conducted an experiment to show that each they receive a call, the
ADSL disconnects as a result.

It seems there is "no chance" of the "engineer" returning. I didn't
press him on this issue.

Is there something I could do to correct the problem. I was thinking of
removing the hard wiring and fitting a new plug to the end. This would
then plug into the microfilter and hopefully resolve the problem.

TIA
Stephen

Old September 23rd 05, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

[...]

Assuming it's an NTE5 master socket, all you need to do is to replace the
faceplate with a filtered one from Solwise or Clarity. Anything wired into
the back of *that* will automatically be filtered - solving your problem.

See
http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_faceplate.htm or
http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old September 23rd 05, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Thank you both for the advice.

I will pop up there this afternoon and check if the faceplate is as you
describe.

Old September 23rd 05, 04:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Well,

I check out the socket.

However, it has been hard wired into the "TOP" (rather than the
replaceable bottom half).

Does this mean that I am not allowed to try and fix this myself?

Thanks,
Stephen

Old September 23rd 05, 09:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

Tiscali Tim wrote:

[...]

Also
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSea...=TE04368&N=411
--
Adrian

Old September 26th 05, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Thank you everyone.