Belkin 7630 trouble connecting wirelessly

Old September 23rd 05, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john Smith

Default Belkin 7630 trouble connecting wirelessly

Dear Group

I have had my Belkin 7630 router for a while now, with no real
problems............until today

My wireless connection dropped out and even with several reboots it would
not reconnect to the net.

It can see the router and has a strength of excellent but it will not let me
surf, or even go into admin.

When I connect a Lan cable I can then surf the net (and go to admin)........
the strange thing is when i unplug the Lan cable

I can still surf the net, as the wirless connection is then working.

I do not have MAC address filtering activated

Thanks in advance

Old September 24th 05, 07:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 23 Sep 2005 17:35 GMT, "john Smith" wrote:

I can still surf the net, as the wirless connection is then working.

sounds to me as if it was not getting a valid IP or DNS entries, but I
cannot explain how it would subsequently allow you to continue using a
wireless link when it failed initially... A friend has the same model
so I will see if I can spot anything in his settings that might be the
reason one can initially be locked out. Presumably you can access the
user interace once you have used the cable (?) Peter M.

Old September 25th 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
john Smith

No

if I try and access admin it tells me it is being used by the lan cable
port.

. net...