PlusNet Rationing MACs ?

Old September 24th 05, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

Default PlusNet Rationing MACs ?

On 24 Sep 2005 11:16 GMT, "Leaving PlusNet" wrote:

I've not had any contact from PlusNet in response. I've posted a message on
their customer feedback forum but there has been no response from
PlusNet or forum moderators.

Well the moderators cannot easily do anything about getting a MAC, and nor can
the bulk of CS staff, AFAIK, because it needs action from a (limited) number
of staff (comms/networks, I never know quite what section Dave + Bob + Ben
are in). When I asked (after a delay, and having seen a ticket that they
had been unable to reach me), it was sorted for me on a Sunday (request
had gone in on the Friday, from memory). Anyway, assuming they get time to
spot your comment over the weekend, it might be sorted by e-mail by Monday.

I guess if they were issued without asking customers, there'd be the other
view ("they don't even care WHY customers leave the service") and while the
MAC is valid for 30 days, your notice to leave is from when you submitted a
ticket via Contact Us, so should not be too long. Of course, ringing might
be another option, and you can then close the ticket yourself. Peter M.