POP Email notifier that works with Google

Old September 24th 05, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R.Daneel Olivaw

Default POP Email notifier that works with Google

I have Google set up for POP3 access via Outlook Express. I use Outlook
Express for my other POP3 email as well. I would like a free system tray
application that notifies me when I get mail. I have found many that do POP3
and also found the Gmail Notifier prog. I have however not found any that do
both. Any suggestions?

Old September 24th 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 17:59:44 +0100, "R.Daneel Olivaw"
scrawled:

I have Google set up for POP3 access via Outlook Express. I use Outlook
Express for my other POP3 email as well. I would like a free system tray
application that notifies me when I get mail. I have found many that do POP3
and also found the Gmail Notifier prog. I have however not found any that do
both. Any suggestions?

OE does it for all accounts by default. Maybe you've turned off mail
notification?
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
Old September 25th 05, 07:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R.Daneel Olivaw

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 17:59:44 +0100, "R.Daneel Olivaw"
scrawled:

I have Google set up for POP3 access via Outlook Express. I use Outlook
Express for my other POP3 email as well. I would like a free system tray
application that notifies me when I get mail. I have found many that do
POP3
and also found the Gmail Notifier prog. I have however not found any that
do
both. Any suggestions?

OE does it for all accounts by default. Maybe you've turned off mail
notification?
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group

Thanks - yes I know Outlook Express does this but I am after a small app
that sits in the system tray that pops up when you have mail and allows you
to view or delete before you actually download to Outlook Express.

Old September 25th 05, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 25 Sep 2005 07:32, "R.Daneel Olivaw" wrote:

Thanks - yes I know Outlook Express does this but I am after a small app
that sits in the system tray that pops up when you have mail and allows you
to view or delete before you actually download to Outlook Express.

I would have suggested "Magic Mail Monitor" but because of the Gmail settings
( Host: pop.gmail.com Use SSL: Yes Port: 995 ) that application will not
read the mailbox. I guess you should simply use a search engine for such s/w
and post a follow-up if/when you find something which does it OK. Peter M.

Old September 25th 05, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

R.Daneel Olivaw wrote:
"Lurch" wrote in message
[...]

Google for MailWasher free or MailWasher version 2.0, I'm sure it must still
be arround somewhere. This will do what you want.
--
Adrian