DECT & ADSL

Old September 25th 05, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sam Salt

Default DECT & ADSL

My residential analogue cordless phone is on the way out and I was thinking
of replacing it with a DECT phone.

Are there any compatibility issues with Broadband/ADSL or is it just a
simple replacement

MY ISP is BT Yahoo Broadband if that is a factor in anything.

Thanks,

Sam Salt

Old September 25th 05, 12:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Sam Salt" wrote in message
My residential analogue cordless phone is on the way out and I was
thinking
of replacing it with a DECT phone.

Are there any compatibility issues with Broadband/ADSL or is it just a
simple replacement

MY ISP is BT Yahoo Broadband if that is a factor in anything.

No problems here, have a two phone set and no interference experienced.

Old September 25th 05, 12:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sam Salt

Beck wrote:
"Sam Salt" wrote in message
My residential analogue cordless phone is on the way out and I was
thinking
of replacing it with a DECT phone.

Are there any compatibility issues with Broadband/ADSL or is it just
a simple replacement

MY ISP is BT Yahoo Broadband if that is a factor in anything.

No problems here, have a two phone set and no interference
experienced.

Thanks Beck.

Sam Salt

Old September 25th 05, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

No problems here with a BT Freestyle 2500 dual-phone setup, but search this
group in the Google search page ... ISTR this topic has come up before about
2 years or so ago:

Old September 25th 05, 12:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Piers James

The main watch-it is to make sure that you have decent quality filters,
especially if you intend to use Caller Line ID. Cheap filters generally stop
this working properly. FYI, I use the following:-
http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/ca...products_id=54

HTH

Old September 25th 05, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Beck" wrote in message

"Sam Salt" wrote
in message
My residential analogue cordless phone is on the way
out and I was thinking
of replacing it with a DECT phone.

Are there any compatibility issues with Broadband/ADSL
or is it just a simple replacement

MY ISP is BT Yahoo Broadband if that is a factor in
anything.

No problems here, have a two phone set and no
interference experienced.

Why should there be..? A DECT phone is no different to any other as far as
the phone line is concerned.

Ivor

Old September 25th 05, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Piers James

Do you have a DECT phone and CLID on your line? Those cheap filters normally
prevent such equipment from working properly.

"steve" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:31:27 +0000, Piers James wrote:

The main watch-it is to make sure that you have decent quality filters,
especially if you intend to use Caller Line ID. Cheap filters generally
stop this working properly. FYI, I use the following:-
http://www.adslnation.com/phpapps/ca...products_id=54

Wow, £8.99, I've never had a problem with the 99p ones from ebuyer

Quickfind code 43075

Old September 25th 05, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

Why should there be..? A DECT phone is no different to any other as far as
the phone line is concerned.

Ivor

Except it and ADSL use radio frequencies !. I accept they are a long way
apart, but I did have trouble with ADSL buzz on my BT DECT and solved it
with a better filter, one which had 4 inductors instead of just two.

Dave

Old September 25th 05, 07:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 18:42:33 +0100, steve
scrawled:

I cannot see a single reason why the should adversely affect DECT kit
given it is just a phone.

Fair enough, not everyone knows why and not everyone needs to. But it
is a common fact that you get what you pay for.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group