I cant get past doubleclick !

Old September 26th 05, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tarzan

Default I cant get past doubleclick !

when ever i log onto some site that redirects me to doubleclick it just
hangs and i get no further and have to abort my attempt .
why do they bother with this doubleclick crap? it appears to be a
bottle neck

Old September 26th 05, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spack

tarzan wrote on 26 Sep 2005 08:10:48 -0700:

when ever i log onto some site that redirects me to doubleclick it just
hangs and i get no further and have to abort my attempt .
why do they bother with this doubleclick crap? it appears to be a
bottle neck

Are you sure you don't have some software, such as Ad-Aware, Zone Alarm, or
anything else that might have modified your HOSTS file to add Doubleclick as
a localhost (127.0.0.1) address? Many do this so that adverts hosted from
known sites don't appear when you're browsing, but break any links that
redirect via a site like Doubleclick.

Dan