anyone got be* ???

Old September 26th 05, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Michael Rogers

Default anyone got be* ???

Is anyone actually connected to be*

Old September 26th 05, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Twisted

??

Old September 26th 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

"Twisted" wrote in message
??

"Michael Rogers" wrote in message

Is anyone actually connected to be*

That's the ISP called "Be" (damn silly/confusing choice of name!) launching
their ADSL2+ 24meg Broadband service for GBP24
http://www.bethere.co.uk/beonline/canBeHome.do

Old September 26th 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Neil

"Michael Rogers" wrote in message
Is anyone actually connected to be*

No.

Old September 26th 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Neil

"Neil" wrote in message
"Michael Rogers" wrote in message
Is anyone actually connected to be*

No.

I tell a lie; one person has:
http://www.whitelabel.org/2005/09/01...-mb-broadband/

Top tip if you're going to sign up with Be: Use the promotional code
"PILOTHOME" during signup to get £20 a month subscription and no connection
charge.

Old September 26th 05, 09:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Phil Thompson" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:43:44 +0100, "Neil" wrote:

I tell a lie; one person has:

is that Stefan, their technical director ?

http://www.whitelabel.org/about-me/ suggests it maybe someone else but
having the same first name is one hell of a concidence.

Regards
Sunil

Old September 26th 05, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom Robinson

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:18:16 +0100, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

.. .

--

remove 'spamfree.' to respond
Old September 27th 05, 09:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

wrote:

suggests it maybe someone else

"Then, a couple of weeks ago, I got an email from their MD, Dana
Pressman. Dana and I worked on a little startup way way back ago when
I was at Virgin and she was at Sapient, (before the boom, before the
bust), and I havenít seen her since.
I volunteered to be one of the first guinea pigs for the new service."

pretty cosy, either way :-)

Phil

Old September 27th 05, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DH

"Pete" wrote:

That's the ISP called "Be" (damn silly/confusing choice of name!) launching
their ADSL2+ 24meg Broadband service for GBP24
http://www.bethere.co.uk/beonline/canBeHome.do

I like short names and I like the name Be, but they're impossible to
research on Google etc. i.e. you're going to get an awful lot of
irrelevant hits.

Maybe they'll come to be known as Beunlimited? That's where they email
me from.

DH
Old September 27th 05, 11:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DH

"Michael Rogers" wrote:

Is anyone actually connected to be*

I signed up at http://www.bethere.co.uk/ on 16 Sept'05 and they say
I'll be receiving my activation date by tomorrow. Does that count? : )

I've already been posting on uk.comp.sys.mac regarding my Be
experience so far (subject: Be '24Meg' ASDL+ Broadband - my experience
so far), and so far so good!

This is going to be interesting for me, because I've only ever had
dial-up, so it's going to be a bit of a change. I mean.. 24MG!?!
That's 480 times faster than dial-up!!! Seems a bit overkill for me
but its cheaper than a lot of 1Meg uncapped BB's out there.

Incidentally, they have a 'refer a friend' scheme
(http://www.BeThere.co.uk/referafriend), whereby you (and I) get a
months free subscription if you input my Be registered email during
sign up. If interested, feel free to contact me directly for my
Be registered email. It would be no trouble at all.. ; )

Of course, this could all end in tears.. I'll keep you posted.

DH

ps. Has anyone come across any other posts in newsgroups from people
actually using Be? It would be odd if I was the first! What a
responsibility!