Problems with BT over 2mb Broadband - Advice needed.

Old September 26th 05, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wiffy

Default Problems with BT over 2mb Broadband - Advice needed.

I am currently on a 1mb package with Talktalk. I recently applied to have
it upgraded to 2mb (via TalkTalk). It was initially rejected straight away
by BT wholesale, apparently without a reason. TT put the order through
again, and this time it took 24 hours before coming back saying my line
would not support 2mb ADSL. Now, BTs own availability checker says my line
does support 2mb speeds (yes I know this is not 100% accurate and is subject
to survey), I am less than 0.5 mile from my exchange, in a newish house with
new wiring. My speeds on 1mb indicate that the line speed is very fast, and
my router returns the following statistics:

Line attenuation - Down: 18db, Up 9.5db
Noise Margin - Down: 26db, Up 23db

I cannot see any obvious reason why the line will not support 2meg, other
than BT are getting something wrong somewhere. Can anybody offer any
advice, or similar personal experience, as to how (if at all) I can get
round this apparent problem? TalkTalk have said they can "force" the order
under certain circs, but it may be that I don't get full 2 meg speed if they
do. Do the stats above indicate a problem, and does anybody have similar
figures and still get 2meg without problems?

ANY help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Old September 26th 05, 08:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 19:31:03 +0100, "Mr Wiffy"
wrote:

ANY help would be very much appreciated.

firstly I would check your modem / router connection speeds, as
TalkTalk often provide 2M links even for 512k service. If you have
this then obviously BT can't upgrade it to 2M as it already is at that
speed.

Phil

Old September 27th 05, 12:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Mr Wiffy wrote:

[...]

Its BT$ engineers over****ing the user again.
You are not paying them so they are trying to bring you
down together your service provider.
The very same thing they promised last week
to OFCOM they would never do.

BWAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAH!

Bring on LLU and we shall see!!

God forbid, the fix is know between heaven and earth.
You need to sign off from your service provider
and sign up with BT$ and your service will
magically work. Oh how can it be with the SAME line
you might ask?

BWAAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAH!

Bring on LLU and we shall see!!

Old September 27th 05, 01:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Herber

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:56:27 GMT, 7
wrote:

BWAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAH!

The idiot is back.

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/
Electronics stencils for Visio http://www.electronics.pherber.com/
Old September 27th 05, 03:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

Paul Herber wrote:

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:56:27 GMT, 7
wrote:

BWAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAH!

The idiot is back.

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAH!!!

You are not back?

Old September 27th 05, 07:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

7 wrote:
Mr Wiffy wrote:

[...]

The only problem is that they are paying BT (albeit indirectly) & even
when the LLU actually happens BT will still get money for use of the LL
so your arguments are completely spurious, as per normal..

Old September 27th 05, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Mr Wiffy wrote:

[...]

Should be OK from that, my parents BB is giving those kind of atten
numbers, and is on 2Mb.
Margin is also looking good, would be over 17dB at 2Mb

Have you told TT the numbers ? Might help the cause.

Bill
Old September 28th 05, 08:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mr Wiffy

"Bill" wrote in message
news:[email protected] co.uk...
Snip

| Should be OK from that, my parents BB is giving those kind of atten
| numbers, and is on 2Mb.
| Margin is also looking good, would be over 17dB at 2Mb
|
| Have you told TT the numbers ? Might help the cause.
|
| Bill

Having disconnected my SKY box adaptor from the socket (the one it uses to
dial out on), the margin is even better - 31db down, 24db up. All the
technical info shows that my line WILL support 2 meg, easily, and I cannot
help thinking this is another example of BT not playing fair with people who
choose to exercise their right to use other providers - we see it everyday
in so many ways. I am trying to escalate this now with TT, but I wonder
what I can do when I hit a brick wall, which undoubtedly I will. Would
welcome peoples thoughts on what to do, because I know my line will support
this, and I am not about to lie down and shut up.....

TT were not interested in the numbers, and BT will not even speak to BT
wholesale unless its about a BT product, which of course mine is not. So I
cannot even pass it up the line there, nor can I find out what their own
test results have revealed about my line.

Thanks for all your help.

Ian