Broadband Contracts

Old September 27th 05, 10:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Elfy

Default Broadband Contracts

Hello, I have been with Wanadoo since April on a 1mb Broadband servic
and was going along fine. Then applied to upgrade to 2mb broadband i
August. Was told no problem and given a date for upgrade.

Problem is I have not had Broadband or dial up access since (5 weeks
now).
There is no problem with my computer or phone line. I am told afte
making umteen phone calls and complaining to a watchdog that it is
problem with Hardware/Software (BT).

If I have a 12 month contract (till end of April 2006) is there any wa
of gettting out without any penalties (paying off last 6 months if
switch) as I have not had and Internet access for so long? (Currentl
using works line).

Thanks in advance

--
Elfy
Old September 27th 05, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:22:56 +0100, Elfy
wrote:

If I have a 12 month contract (till end of April 2006) is there any way
of gettting out without any penalties (paying off last 6 months if I
switch) as I have not had and Internet access for so long?

it won't start working just because you change ISP. If the problem is
between you and the exchange it needs fixing first.

Phil

Old October 18th 05, 01:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Elfy

wrote:
-
If I have a 12 month contract (till end of April 2006) is there an
way
of gettting out without any penalties (paying off last 6 months if I
switch) as I have not had and Internet access for so long?-

it won't start working just because you change ISP. If the problem is
between you and the exchange it needs fixing first.

Phil

Thanks. Wanadoo (well BT at the Exchange) eventually fixed the proble
last Wednesday - 7 weeks without broadband/ or dial up though.

Still being fully utilised now. Got my upgrade 20 fee waived an
three months line rental back (to cover my time and phone calls)

--
Elfy