Checking attenuation?

Old September 28th 05, 09:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Checking attenuation?

Hi
I often read in this ng about folks checking their attenuation and
wondered how to go about it?.
I have a Linksys WAG54G if thats relevant?. There are options for
testing in the Linksys setup screen but no mention of attenuation.
Thanks
Steve

Old September 28th 05, 09:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MA

Steve wrote:
Hi
I often read in this ng about folks checking their attenuation and
wondered how to go about it?.
I have a Linksys WAG54G if thats relevant?. There are options for
testing in the Linksys setup screen but no mention of attenuation.
Thanks
Steve

If you have a version 1 then it's not possible, they have introduced it in
v2.

Old September 28th 05, 03:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Thanks for that. So it has to be a facility provided by the router
then?
Steve

Old September 28th 05, 05:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Hutchings

In article .com,
"Steve" wrote:

Thanks for that. So it has to be a facility provided by the router
then?
Steve

You could ask your ISP to do it, when I was with Zen I asked a similar
question on Adslguide and a chap from Zen ran a whoosh test or something
and sent me the results - jolly nice of them I though as I asked because
I wanted to migrate away from them and go to 2mbps :-)

The WAG54G v1.x won't do it, I had one and it's just not in there even
on the latest beta firmware.

cheers,
Paul

Old September 28th 05, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Ta Paul.
Think I`ll try the isp way. I don`t think the router will upgrade from
v1 to v2 and an old motherboard went tits up once upgrading the bios so
bit reluctant to try upgrading the firmware.
Cheers
Steve