Cheap Broadband that can be paid by Direct Debit

Old September 28th 05, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr. Compynei

Default Cheap Broadband that can be paid by Direct Debit

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is a cheap broadband supplier than will accept
payment by direct debit?

We pay GBP13.75 at the moment for 1mb broadband with Metronet, its only a
1month contract and we use approx 50mb a month.

It really only is for ticketing arrangements at a local amatuer theatre.
Metronet won't take Direct Debits, so were after something just as cheap,
that can take payment by Direct Debit. Paying with a cheque each month is a
pain.

Thanks

Neil

Old September 29th 05, 01:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Plus.Net will accept direct debit, their PAYG or Broadband Plus 2Mb/s
service at £14.99 should suit you fine. They have won awards for customer
service. I have been with them 2 and half years and never had a problem.
If you sign up with them please use my ID 'wester' as a referrer and save me
few pence,
thanks, regards,
Martin

Old September 29th 05, 04:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:17:40 +0000, Dr. Compynei wrote:

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is a cheap broadband supplier than will accept
payment by direct debit?

We pay GBP13.75 at the moment for 1mb broadband with Metronet, its only a
1month contract and we use approx 50mb a month.

It really only is for ticketing arrangements at a local amatuer theatre.
Metronet won't take Direct Debits, so were after something just as cheap,
that can take payment by Direct Debit. Paying with a cheque each month is a
pain.

Thanks

Neil

You can pay with a card on Metronet, I do.

Dave

Old September 29th 05, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 04:58:39 +0100, dave stanton
wrote:

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:17:40 +0000, Dr. Compynei wrote:

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there is a cheap broadband supplier than will accept
payment by direct debit?

We pay GBP13.75 at the moment for 1mb broadband with Metronet, its only a
1month contract and we use approx 50mb a month.

It really only is for ticketing arrangements at a local amatuer theatre.
Metronet won't take Direct Debits, so were after something just as cheap,
that can take payment by Direct Debit. Paying with a cheque each month is a
pain.

Thanks

Neil

You can pay with a card on Metronet, I do.

Not good at this reading lark then?

All ISPs I am aware of accept payment by card.

But he was specifically asking for one that takes payment by *direct
debit*.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Press on a small rodent's head to obtain file.
Old September 29th 05, 07:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Stanton

Not good at this reading lark then?

Like you then!

All ISPs I am aware of accept payment by card.

But he was specifically asking for one that takes payment by *direct
debit*.

And he said that Metronet did not do DD, did'nt say he would not use a
card to pay.

Bye

Dave

Old September 30th 05, 02:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:51:52 +0100, dave stanton
wrote:

Not good at this reading lark then?

Like you then!

Not at all.

All ISPs I am aware of accept payment by card.

But he was specifically asking for one that takes payment by *direct
debit*.

And he said that Metronet did not do DD, did'nt say he would not use a
card to pay.

Sorry, that "rationalisation" doesn't work.

You missed the fact that he had asked specifically about DD, and are
now trying to claim that because he didn't specifically *exclude*
other means, he didn't really mean he only wanted DD.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
It is better to be brief than boring.