Plusnet Price Reductions

Old September 28th 05, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Plusnet Price Reductions

No this is not a plug for plusnet - I joined them in March at 29.99
pm. I have only just found out that they dropped their fee by 10 pm
in APRIL!
Plusnet said on the phone I should have checked the website and asked
for a lower fee on my account. Personally I think its a total ripoff to
give new customers a lower rate than existing ones. Is any other
Plusnet user unaware of this reduced rate? Bearing in mind their
telephone comments I'm just going to have to get Trading Standards on
to them,

Swindled

Old September 28th 05, 11:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Hogarty

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 03:08:39 -0700, fastrack1966 wrote:

No this is not a plug for plusnet - I joined them in March at 29.99 pm.
I have only just found out that they dropped their fee by 10 pm in
APRIL!
Plusnet said on the phone I should have checked the website and asked for
a lower fee on my account. Personally I think its a total ripoff to give
new customers a lower rate than existing ones. Is any other Plusnet user
unaware of this reduced rate? Bearing in mind their telephone comments I'm
just going to have to get Trading Standards on to them,

Swindled

What will trading standards do? Are you going to get them onto virtually
every bank and building society in the UK at the same time? Take some
personal responsibility and find out what is going on and don't expect to
be spoon fed all the time.

--
Regards
Tony

Old September 28th 05, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

No this is not a plug for plusnet - I joined them in March at 29.99
pm. I have only just found out that they dropped their fee by 10 pm
in APRIL!
Plusnet said on the phone I should have checked the website and asked
for a lower fee on my account. Personally I think its a total ripoff
to give new customers a lower rate than existing ones. Is any other
Plusnet user unaware of this reduced rate? Bearing in mind their
telephone comments I'm just going to have to get Trading Standards on
to them,

Swindled

ISTR that when they revised their pricing, they put those who were paying
the higher rates onto a tariff where they would automatically get an upgrade
to 4Mbps or 8Mbps when this becomes available, without having to pay a
regrade fee. I imagine that they would have told you about this at the time.

This has been discussed many times - if not here, then in
plusnet.service.customer-feedback. The problem is that there is no specific
timescale for when the higher speeds will become available - so your extra
monthly fees in the meantime would pay the regrade fee many times over!

I would advise you to downgrade immediately. You'll have to pay a 14.99 fee
for this - but you'll very quickly recover it. I doubt whether you have a
legal case against PN - they can probably prove that they sent you an email
at the time.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old September 28th 05, 01:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike H

"Tony Hogarty" wrote

What will trading standards do? Are you going to get them onto virtually
every bank and building society in the UK at the same time?

I would agree, but this is a completely different scenario!

PlusNet (Carol Axe) gave a written undertaking to all Premier customers to
send them details of the new Premier products (in her
"FUP Withdrawn" email sent to all Premier customers on April 21 2005).

Neither she, nor anyone else from PlusNet, has done so!

- Mike

Old September 28th 05, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

Tiscali Tim wrote:

[...]

But your FUP (soft cap or whatever they're calling it today) will be
lowered as well. So if the OP is a high user then it may just pay for
him to stay where he is..

Old September 28th 05, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Hutchings

In article .com,
wrote:

No this is not a plug for plusnet - I joined them in March at 29.99
pm. I have only just found out that they dropped their fee by 10 pm
in APRIL!

Feelings on this ran quite high on the Plusnet forum over at
http://bbs.adslguide.org basically for the reasons you stated.

The problem AIUI is that Plusnet have no legal responsibility to tell
you that you could save money, moral responsibility is something else.

If you're a heavy user you also might not be aware that they have
introduced a "Sustainable Usage Policy", or a cap by any other means -
it's likely you also won't have been told about this, apparently they
decided there was no need to as it wouldn't affect most of their
customers but you might want to check -
http://portal.plus.net/support/featu...ge_guide.shtml

I would do one of two things, either regrade, or migrate.

Ultimately the only way to do anything about companies like this is to
hit them in the pocket.

cheers,
Paul

Old September 28th 05, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:44:18 +0000 (UTC), "Mike H"
wrote:

PlusNet (Carol Axe) gave a written undertaking to all Premier customers to
send them details of the new Premier products (in her
"FUP Withdrawn" email sent to all Premier customers on April 21 2005).

so by sending that email she alerted all customers to the existence of
the new products ?

Phil

Old September 28th 05, 09:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike H

"Phil Thompson" wrote

so by sending that email she alerted all customers to the existence of
the new products ?

No, the reasoning is not circular.

At the time the promise was made the new products were a twinkle in the eye
of the PlusNet marketing dept., and were a considerable time away from
launch, IF they even ended up being launched at all.

The undertaking was solemnly given by Carol Axe, on behalf of PlusNet, as
part of the lessons learned from the FUP debacle. That solemn promise has
not been honoured.

- Mike

Old September 28th 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In article .com,
says...
Swindled

Crap. You entered into a contract at that price. Simple as that.

Old September 29th 05, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike H

"Mike H" wrote

so by sending that email she alerted all customers to the existence of
the new products ?

No, the reasoning is not circular.

I'm sorry, but I may have misunderstood your question!

Through the sending of the email that Carol Axe PROMISED TO SEND, customers
would have been alerted to the new products and rates. Neither Carol Axe,
nor anyone else from PlusNet, has made good on that promise.

- Mike