A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) (uk.telecom.broadband) Discussion of broadband services, technology and equipment as provided in the UK. Discussions of specific services based on ADSL, cable modems or other broadband technology are also on-topic. Advertising is not allowed.

bulldog about to go asdl2



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 28th 05, 12:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Unknown
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default bulldog about to go asdl2

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/28/bulldog_adsl/


looks like i could be dumping ntl by the end of the year.
  #2  
Old September 28th 05, 01:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
No.6
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default bulldog about to go asdl2


"Unknown" wrote in message
news
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/28/bulldog_adsl/


looks like i could be dumping ntl by the end of the year.


Go to bulldog, you must be tripping, look down group for tales of woe and
then some!!!


  #3  
Old September 28th 05, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Crosby
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 37
Default bulldog about to go asdl2

In article ,
says...

"Unknown" wrote in message
news
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/28/bulldog_adsl/


looks like i could be dumping ntl by the end of the year.


Go to bulldog, you must be tripping, look down group for tales of woe and
then some!!!


A sentence including the words "frying", "pan" and "fire" comes to
mind...

Alex
  #4  
Old September 28th 05, 01:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 550
Default bulldog about to go asdl2

In message , No.6
writes

"Unknown" wrote in message
news
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/28/bulldog_adsl/


looks like i could be dumping ntl by the end of the year.


Go to bulldog, you must be tripping, look down group for tales of woe and
then some!!!

Mmm, from Nearly Total Losers to Cable and Witless, lovely. I guess the
OP has a fetish for speaking to customer services.



--
Clint Sharp
  #5  
Old September 28th 05, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 422
Default bulldog about to go asdl2

Clint Sharp wrote:
In message , No.6
writes

"Unknown" wrote in message
news
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/28/bulldog_adsl/


looks like i could be dumping ntl by the end of the year.


Go to bulldog, you must be tripping, look down group for tales of
woe and then some!!!

Mmm, from Nearly Total Losers to Cable and Witless, lovely. I guess
the OP has a fetish for speaking to customer services.


Shouldn't that be; not speaking to customer services ?


  #6  
Old September 28th 05, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tarzan
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 27
Default bulldog about to go asdl2


Unknown wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/28/bulldog_adsl/


looks like i could be dumping ntl by the end of the year.


they appear to have a lot of unhappy customers.
once you lose your BT line with them you have to reverse back to BT

  #7  
Old September 28th 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,720
Default bulldog about to go asdl2

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:43:53 GMT, Unknown
wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/28/bulldog_adsl/


ADSL2+ in fact. I thought they had suspended all marketing activities
?

Phil
--
Tiscali - dialup speeds at Broadband prices, see
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...&Board=tiscali

AOL - the unlimited ISP of choice for heavy downloaders.
  #8  
Old September 28th 05, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
epaton
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default bulldog about to go asdl2

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:06:44 +0000, No.6 wrote:


"Unknown" wrote in message
news
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/28/bulldog_adsl/


looks like i could be dumping ntl by the end of the year.


Go to bulldog, you must be tripping, look down group for tales of woe and
then some!!!


actually ive had ntl for about 5 years and only had a couple of probs in
the 1st month or so, i obviously dont have a bt line so shouldnt have any
probs with the changeover since they will need to lay a new line, also i
really dont give a monkeys about phone service since i mostly use my
mobile.

what i want is a very fast line with reasonably high availablity so i can
yank distros and the odd binary fast, also the higher upload will be
usefull.

anybody know if the asdl2+ upload spec is limited to the 1.3meg be offer
or will different companies up this.
  #9  
Old September 28th 05, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 422
Default bulldog about to go asdl2

epaton wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:06:44 +0000, No.6 wrote:


"Unknown" wrote in message
news
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/28/bulldog_adsl/


looks like i could be dumping ntl by the end of the year.


Go to bulldog, you must be tripping, look down group for tales of
woe and then some!!!


actually ive had ntl for about 5 years and only had a couple of probs
in the 1st month or so, i obviously dont have a bt line so shouldnt
have any probs with the changeover since they will need to lay a new
line, also i really dont give a monkeys about phone service since i
mostly use my mobile.

what i want is a very fast line with reasonably high availablity so i
can yank distros and the odd binary fast, also the higher upload will
be usefull.

anybody know if the asdl2+ upload spec is limited to the 1.3meg be
offer or will different companies up this.


Don't go burning your bridges, the speeds are the theoretical maximum.
It is very possible that you won't get anywhere near them.

What you want & what you may be able to get could, very possibly, be
widely different & all depends on the BT network from your 'local'
exchange & you.

Yes Bulldog will be using BT's network, with all the conudrums which
that entails. Your line will also be serviced by BT (BT Open Reach
from Jan 2006).

No you won't be getting a new line from the exchange to your property,
well maybe the last 30mtrs or so, but the rest will have been put in the
ground when your area was cabled by BT, it could be months, years or
many decades ago. So do your research or else you could be in for a big
let down...


  #10  
Old September 28th 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MA
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 63
Default bulldog about to go asdl2

Phil Thompson wrote:
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:43:53 GMT, Unknown
wrote:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/09/28/bulldog_adsl/


ADSL2+ in fact. I thought they had suspended all marketing activities
?


It's a piece on The Register, with no mention of marketing. Also, Bulldog do
seem to have got their act together recently, so I would assume they will
start marketing again soon.

I've been with Bulldog since Jan 2003. They also have a lot of satisfied
customers.


 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Enough is Enough BULLDOG!! Sunil Sood uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 6 August 14th 05 06:08 PM
Enough is Enough BULLDOG!! James uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 3 August 5th 05 12:52 PM
Enough is Enough BULLDOG!! no.canned.pork uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 0 August 4th 05 12:16 AM
Whats id the difference between ASDL2 & SDSL? Karl Bedingfield uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 9 October 4th 04 10:15 AM
Bulldog Kaz uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 0 September 21st 03 02:43 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2020 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.