USRobotics ADSL re-setup help please

Old September 28th 05, 10:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
wizzard

Default USRobotics ADSL re-setup help please

I have a 9106 ADSL modem which has been working great for a year now.
At the weekend the XP Home went wrong and I had to reformat and
reinstall the XP.

Now I find that the PC will not "talk" to the modem setup. I am using
192.168.1.1 in the browser. I have reset the modem as well but no joy.

Am I doing something wrong or missing an obvious setup option?
Previously the XP Home was setup with the PC by the dealer. The
Ethernet port I am using is on the Asus Motherboard K8V SE Deluxe.
Old September 28th 05, 10:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Am I doing something wrong or missing an obvious setup option?
Previously the XP Home was setup with the PC by the dealer. The
Ethernet port I am using is on the Asus Motherboard K8V SE Deluxe.

Have you installed the motherboard drivers ?

Try right-clicking on "my computer", then click hardware / device
manager - do any items come up with a yellow apostrophe ?

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****
Old September 28th 05, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Am I doing something wrong or missing an obvious setup option?
Previously the XP Home was setup with the PC by the dealer. The
Ethernet port I am using is on the Asus Motherboard K8V SE Deluxe.

You can grab the motherboard drivers here btw...

http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=...eluxe&langs=09

Old September 29th 05, 01:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

You can grab the motherboard drivers here btw...
http://usa.asus.com/prog/spec.asp?m=...eluxe&langs=09

I think their sites` having an off-day... different parts refuse to load
at different times, and at one point I saw a reference to them re-
indexing the entire site...

Old September 29th 05, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sean Black

In message , wizzard
writes

I have a 9106 ADSL modem which has been working great for a year now.
At the weekend the XP Home went wrong and I had to reformat and
reinstall the XP.

Now I find that the PC will not "talk" to the modem setup. I am using
192.168.1.1 in the browser. I have reset the modem as well but no joy.

Am I doing something wrong or missing an obvious setup option?
Previously the XP Home was setup with the PC by the dealer. The
Ethernet port I am using is on the Asus Motherboard K8V SE Deluxe.

Have you run the network connection wizard? I had to re-install XP last
week and I had a similar problem to you (I've got a USR 9105), I ran the
connection wizard to set up a home network or something (like you, I'm
not very clued up on all this network stuff).

When it had run the wizard there was a "something" bridge in the "view
network connections" area. I ran the router setup again and all was
well.

--
Sean Black