Netgear

Old September 29th 05, 08:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian

Default Netgear

Netgear DG834Gv2.
Anyone else having trouble with random disconnections with this router.
Have spoken to Netgear, been through all of their so called fixes, even had
a exchange router, still have problems.
Will have to sell it.
Have also got a Netgear DG632 Which I have had for 2 years, rock solid
connection, never had any problems.

Wanted a wireless router so my wife can use her laptop.
Now thinking of a ZyXel Prestige 660HW!!!!!!

Old September 29th 05, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian

"Tony" wrote in message

"Tony" wrote in message

"Alex Crosby" wrote in message
In article , says...
Netgear DG834Gv2.
Anyone else having trouble with random disconnections with this

router.
Have spoken to Netgear, been through all of their so called fixes,

even
had
a exchange router, still have problems.
Will have to sell it.

They can be somewhat picky - if the latest firmware, V2.10.22 is giving
you disconnections try one of the earlier betas, I'd recommend 1.10.10.

Either that or you've got a genuine line fault which could be
investigated by your ISP - however if the old router you've got works
fine I'd say it's more to do with the DG832 not liking the equipment
installed at your exchange.

If it's a marginal line causing your problems you can tell from the
ADSL
statistics within the router's config page. A low up or downstream
noise
margin will cause disconnections, so you should monitor this to ensure
it remains above 6dB at the very minimum.

Alex

Alex, my DG834G 2, is rock solid using 1.05.00 firmware. I suggest you

use
this version, if you want it reliable. Regards
Tony

Sorry, this reponse was supposed to be for Brian. Get 1.05.00 in there
Brian. You`ll have no more problems.

Got 1.05.00 firmware, using it now, will let you know how it goes.

Old September 29th 05, 07:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clive Page

In message , Brian
writes
Got 1.05.00 firmware, using it now, will let you know how it goes.

My experience has been the opposite. Have been using 1.05.00 firmware
for nearly a year, and it's been reliable. Then the line was upgraded
to 2 Mb/s and we got random disconnections. So I changed to the
firmware to the latest v2 and it's been more or less ok since.

--
Clive Page
Old October 1st 05, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
It's Me

Try turning off logging on your firewall rules.

"Clive Page" wrote in message
In message , Brian
writes