USB to WAP...

Old September 29th 05, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anon

Default USB to WAP...

If I take the "free" modem option from an ISP, I'll get a USB modem. Is
there a Wireless Access Point that I can plug this USB device into, so
that I can keep all Comms Kit next to the Master Phone Socket, and use
multiple Wireless devices to access the Internet via Broadband...??

Ta.
Old September 29th 05, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:26:25 +0000 (UTC), Anon
scrawled:

If I take the "free" modem option from an ISP, I'll get a USB modem. Is
there a Wireless Access Point that I can plug this USB device into, so
that I can keep all Comms Kit next to the Master Phone Socket, and use
multiple Wireless devices to access the Internet via Broadband...??

Nope. Buy a wireless modem\router such as the Netgear DG834G.
--
Stuart @ SJW Electrical

Please Reply to group
Old September 29th 05, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Lurch says...
On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:26:25 +0000 (UTC), Anon
scrawled:

If I take the "free" modem option from an ISP, I'll get a USB modem. Is
there a Wireless Access Point that I can plug this USB device into, so
that I can keep all Comms Kit next to the Master Phone Socket, and use
multiple Wireless devices to access the Internet via Broadband...??

Nope. Buy a wireless modem\router such as the Netgear DG834G.

Netgear or D-Link, both good quality and reasonably priced. I like the
Netgear's wall mounting ability, and the neat free standing D-Link one I
use.

Trying to mess about with USB modems would end up more expensive and
difficult, and most ISP supplied ones are powered via the USB slot. So
that's a non-starter.

FR