E7even

Old September 30th 05, 09:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian

Default E7even

Has anyone any views / experience of E7even?

I don't uses the internet much apart from e-mail, my web pages and
occasional browsing, and the only reason I want broadband is to stop the
dial-up blocking my phone.

Brian

Old September 30th 05, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mason

Has anyone any views / experience of E7even?

I don't uses the internet much apart from e-mail, my web pages and
occasional browsing, and the only reason I want broadband is to stop the
dial-up blocking my phone.

Brian

Hi Brian,

I'd definately recommend taking a visit to:

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...=&Board=e7even

Regards,

Mason

Old September 30th 05, 11:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:57:36 +0100, "Brian"
bj[hyphen]edwards[at]tiscali[dot]co[dot]uk wrote:

Has anyone any views / experience of E7even?

I have an uneasy feeling about their "pay up front" deals where you
pay a couple of hundred quid which averaged out is less than it costs
them to buy the service. It looks like a pyramid scheme.

On a monthly contract I wouldn't have that concern.

Phil

Old September 30th 05, 11:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mason

Has anyone any views / experience of E7even?

I have an uneasy feeling about their "pay up front" deals where you
pay a couple of hundred quid which averaged out is less than it costs
them to buy the service. It looks like a pyramid scheme.

On a monthly contract I wouldn't have that concern.

Phil

My major concern is the same, they seem to be charging less to provide the
service than the actual service costs them when you factor in the basic
connection and bandwisth costs etc. For that price the *have* to be on
CBC/UBC.

Not a good business model and not one i'd commit a considerable amount of
money to!

Regards,
Mason

Old September 30th 05, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Jones

"Brian" bj[hyphen]edwards[at]tiscali[dot]co[dot]uk wrote in message
Has anyone any views / experience of E7even?

Yes, its the silliest name for an ISP that I've ever heard.

How do you actually say it ?

Old September 30th 05, 02:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mason

Has anyone any views / experience of E7even?

Yes, its the silliest name for an ISP that I've ever heard.

How do you actually say it ?

As far as I know "Eee Seven Even", I think Be have a silly name also.

Mason

Old September 30th 05, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 13:42:22 +0100, "Steve Jones"
wrote:

How do you actually say it ?

eleven ?

Old September 30th 05, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Hutchings

In article ,
"Brian" bj[hyphen]edwards[at]tiscali[dot]co[dot]uk wrote:

Has anyone any views / experience of E7even?

I don't uses the internet much apart from e-mail, my web pages and
occasional browsing, and the only reason I want broadband is to stop the
dial-up blocking my phone.

I think it's too cheap to be viable in the long term, I'm no businessman
so can't back that up, it just looks too cheap.

Take a look at maybe Metronet, or Newnet, I've not used either one, but
both seem well regarded, and Newnet are offering 2mbps with a 1gb cap
and PAYG after that for £12.95 a month - looks like a good deal for a
light user.

cheers,
Paul

Old September 30th 05, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:32:02 +0100, Paul Hutchings
wrote:

I'm no businessman
so can't back that up

as the cost of their inputs from BT Wholesale alone exceeds their
income on their £10/month equiv deal, you don't need to be a
businessman :-)

Phil

Old October 1st 05, 08:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jonathan Pearson

Mason wrote:

My major concern is the same, they seem to be charging less to
provide the service than the actual service costs them when you
factor in the basic connection and bandwisth costs etc. For that
price the *have* to be on CBC/UBC.

Not a good business model and not one i'd commit a considerable
amount of money to!

These were my concerns also, but guess that they are relying on wholesale
prices to reduce over the contract period / use easynets LLU if
available!! - Anyway for £240 for 2years for a 2MB connection was worth a
try - so signed up a few months ago! - Suprisingly its worked well, so far -
but connection speeds sometimes reduce in the evenings, which is fine for
just surfing / emailing, but could be a problem if you need it for other
things - this week they have had a problem with slow connection speeds
(acknowledged on their website - awaiting new component) which is noticeable
in the eves when surfing, adslgide speeds test also shows this - however the
strange thing is that the high quality streams from BBCi will stream without
interuption.

Jon