ADSL provide question

Old October 2nd 05, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default ADSL provide question

Is it possible for me to sign up for an ADSL account on a BT line that
isn't in my name?

I am the only person that has access to the line, the account holder
would never apply for an ADSL account. I would be paying the ADSL
service provider direct.

Any help/suggestions etc would be much appreciated.

--
Cheers

Peter

Please remove the invalid to reply
Old October 2nd 05, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

Peter wrote:
Is it possible for me to sign up for an ADSL account on a BT line that
isn't in my name?

I am the only person that has access to the line, the account holder
would never apply for an ADSL account. I would be paying the ADSL
service provider direct.

Any help/suggestions etc would be much appreciated.

In theory, no you can't, in practice, yes, I've done it. Try it you may be
lucky, what have you got to lose?
--
Adrian A

Old October 2nd 05, 12:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 10:25:43 +0100, "Adrian" wrote:

Peter wrote:
Is it possible for me to sign up for an ADSL account on a BT line that
isn't in my name?

I am the only person that has access to the line, the account holder
would never apply for an ADSL account. I would be paying the ADSL
service provider direct.

Any help/suggestions etc would be much appreciated.

In theory, no you can't, in practice, yes, I've done it. Try it you may be
lucky, what have you got to lose?

Thanks for your reply - why , in theory, is it not possible?

I think I'l take your advice and give it a try - all I need now is a
provider that does monthly contracts.

Old October 2nd 05, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John P

Peter wrote:
Is it possible for me to sign up for an ADSL account on a BT line that
isn't in my name?

I am the only person that has access to the line, the account holder
would never apply for an ADSL account. I would be paying the ADSL
service provider direct.

Any help/suggestions etc would be much appreciated.

In theory, no you can't, in practice, yes, I've done it. Try it you may be
lucky, what have you got to lose?

Thanks for your reply - why , in theory, is it not possible?

I think I'l take your advice and give it a try - all I need now is a
provider that does monthly contracts.

I regularly setup ADSL on lines which are not in my name with both
Metronet and Zen. both are monthly contracts.With metronet it is a two
stage process - set up an account then add as many services to that
account as you like.Pity about the activation fee !

JP
Old October 2nd 05, 02:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , John P
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 13:26:08 writes

Pity about the activation fee

With a monthly contract how else would BT get paid.
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)
Old October 2nd 05, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Peter" wrote in message
Is it possible for me to sign up for an ADSL account on a BT line that
isn't in my name?

I am the only person that has access to the line, the account holder
would never apply for an ADSL account. I would be paying the ADSL
service provider direct.

Any help/suggestions etc would be much appreciated.

Yes, I do that here in our household.

Old October 2nd 05, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John P

Les Desser wrote:
In article , John P
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 13:26:08 writes

Pity about the activation fee

With a monthly contract how else would BT get paid.

I was thinking more that the activation fee at metronet had not been
reduced following the recent BT reduction and is one of the highest
around.

JP
Old October 2nd 05, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

"Peter" wrote in
message
Is it possible for me to sign up for an ADSL account on a
BT line that isn't in my name?

I am the only person that has access to the line, the
account holder would never apply for an ADSL account. I
would be paying the ADSL service provider direct.

Any help/suggestions etc would be much appreciated.

I don't know if it's officially possible, but it can be done, I did it..!
I have a TW line in my name but there is a BT line paid for by another
person in the household and I just gave that number when I originally
ordered ADSL (Freeserve as it then was).

Ivor

Old October 2nd 05, 07:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Les Desser

In article , John P
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 16:12:46 writes

Les Desser wrote:
In article , John P
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 13:26:08 writes

Pity about the activation fee

With a monthly contract how else would BT get paid.

I was thinking more that the activation fee at metronet had not been
reduced following the recent BT reduction and is one of the highest
around.

I will ask them