OT : AOL in Safe Mode via LAN

Old October 2nd 05, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ComPCs

Default OT : AOL in Safe Mode via LAN

Somewhat OT, apologies, but undoubtedly, there will some here who use
AOL on ADSL, so I need to ask the question : is it possible to run AOL 9
in Windows Safe mode, and get a connection via LAN/Router?

I know it's possible using IE6/Firefox/Opera, but need to do so via AOL.
I don't want to install 'it' to find it doesn't work ...

TIA
Old October 2nd 05, 11:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George

Default AOL in Safe Mode via LAN

"ComPCs" wrote in message
t...

Somewhat OT, apologies, but undoubtedly, there will some here who use
AOL on ADSL, so I need to ask the question : is it possible to run AOL
9
in Windows Safe mode, and get a connection via LAN/Router?

I know it's possible using IE6/Firefox/Opera, but need to do so via
AOL.
I don't want to install 'it' to find it doesn't work ...

TIA

I can't say for sure whether AOL will run in safe mode or not. But...is
there a particular reason why you want to do this? If you have AOL via
ADSL and are using a router, you don't need to use the AOL software to
access the net, you can use any browser. If you just need access to AOL
email, use their webmail service. If it's to download broadband modem
drivers or something else, you can do most of this from the AOL
homepage.

George