Wireless security

Old October 2nd 05, 02:00 AM posted to alt.internet.wireless,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,ntl.discussion.broadband.cm,ntl.discussion.home-networking,uk.telecom.broadband
Doz

Default Wireless security

What sort of answer is "hit google"?

You need to login to your router of access point and setup WPA encryption
(if it's supported) WPA-PSK to be exact... then enter a nice long pass
phrase.

You need to configure the PC's for WPA-PSK to be able to connect. Assuming
the PC's network cards/operating system are able to do this...

As you can see there are lots of variables...

Take look here for some more info...
http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/w...nwindowsxp.htm

"Mr T" wrote in message
I have recently setup a wireless network with my laptop and 3 desktops. At
present I have no security on my network. Can someone advise me what
security I need to setup on my network?
Thanks

Mr T