NTL TAKEOVER TELEWEST CONFIRMED TODAY

Old October 3rd 05, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ScoopeX

Default NTL TAKEOVER TELEWEST CONFIRMED TODAY

London, United Kingdom, October 3, 2005 - NTL Incorporated (NASDAQ:
NTLI) and Telewest Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: TLWT) announced today a
definitive merger agreement under which ntl will acquire Telewest,
creating the U.K.'s second largest communications company and leading
triple play service provider with a cable footprint covering more than
50 per cent of U.K. households. The combined company will have nearly 5
million residential customers. It will be the largest provider of
residential broadband services in the country with 2.5 million
subscribers, the second largest pay TV provider with 3.3 million
subscribers and also the second largest fixed telephony provider with
4.3 million subscribers.

The combination of the two companies' local access networks, which do
not overlap, will provide a strong platform allowing for product
differentiation and innovation and the delivery of unique packages of
service offerings. The combined company will have the benefit of a much
larger cable network and, together with Telewest's content division,
will strengthen cable's position in the multi-channel TV marketplace.
Additionally, the transaction will create substantial synergies and
provide the impetus for increased product and technical innovation.
Consumers will benefit from greater choice, accelerated delivery of a
broader range of personalised communications and entertainment services
and even better value.

http://www.telewestinfo.co.uk/news.shtml#merger

Old October 3rd 05, 03:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Silk

ScoopeX wrote:
London, United Kingdom, October 3, 2005 - NTL Incorporated (NASDAQ:
NTLI) and Telewest Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: TLWT) announced today a
definitive merger agreement under which ntl will acquire Telewest,
creating the U.K.'s second largest communications company and leading
triple play service provider with a cable footprint covering more than
50 per cent of U.K. households.

I wonder if there will be many redundancies at Telewest HQ? I hope so.
Old October 3rd 05, 03:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Inquisitor

"Silk" wrote in message
ScoopeX wrote:
London, United Kingdom, October 3, 2005 - NTL Incorporated (NASDAQ: NTLI)
and Telewest Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: TLWT) announced today a definitive
merger agreement under which ntl will acquire Telewest, creating the
U.K.'s second largest communications company and leading triple play
service provider with a cable footprint covering more than 50 per cent of
U.K. households.

I wonder if there will be many redundancies at Telewest HQ? I hope so.

So its finally announced, this has got to have the worst kept "secret" in
telecoms.

Old October 3rd 05, 03:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

London, United Kingdom, October 3, 2005 - NTL Incorporated (NASDAQ:
NTLI) and Telewest Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: TLWT) announced today a
definitive merger agreement under which ntl will acquire Telewest,
creating the U.K.'s second largest communications company and leading
triple play service provider with a cable footprint covering more than
50 per cent of U.K. households.

At least it will reduce the number of incompetent telcos in the UK by one.

--
Mark
Old October 3rd 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JR Hartley

I wonder if they will now upgrade the crappy Cabletime network in Slough?

Old October 3rd 05, 05:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
robert w hall

In article , Silk
writes
Alan Gauton wrote:

One of the IT sites reports there may be 25% redundancies.

I hope that'll include the over-enthusiastic (self)abuse department.

What gets me is that it's the bit that is managing to make a profit (TW)
which is being taken over by the bit which was all but bankrupt

If you're a TW shareholder then you'll end up only owning 25% of the
final company, despite te fact that both have about the same market
value of about 6 billion USD I think.

--
robert w hall
Old October 3rd 05, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Silk

Old October 3rd 05, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Albert Grennock

"JR Hartley" wrote in message
I wonder if they will now upgrade the crappy Cabletime network in Slough?

Not now they have no competition, no. No need.

Old October 4th 05, 12:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr. Compynei

"Albert Grennock" wrote in message

"JR Hartley" wrote in message
I wonder if they will now upgrade the crappy Cabletime network in

Slough?

Not now they have no competition, no. No need.

Lets get it straight, they have competiton - Sky. NTL were never the
competition because if you can get telewest you can't get ntl and
vice-versa.