Two phone lines, but one number!

Old October 3rd 05, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tyson

Default Two phone lines, but one number!

I pay for two phone lines but I only got one number, so does this stil
means i can get two seperate ADSL broadband, or do I need two number
in order to get two broadband

--
Tyson
Old October 3rd 05, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

Tyson wrote:
I pay for two phone lines but I only got one number, so does this
still means i can get two seperate ADSL broadband, or do I need two
numbers in order to get two broadband?

You can't have ADSL on either of your 2 lines as BT doesn't supply it
over PBX lines (so it says in the manual but I wouldn't be suprised if
one or two have slipped thru as it's more of a data problem than a
physical problem)...

Old October 4th 05, 12:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Stirling

Kraftee please we're bristish.com wrote:
Tyson wrote:
I pay for two phone lines but I only got one number, so does this
still means i can get two seperate ADSL broadband, or do I need two
numbers in order to get two broadband?

You can't have ADSL on either of your 2 lines as BT doesn't supply it
over PBX lines (so it says in the manual but I wouldn't be suprised if
one or two have slipped thru as it's more of a data problem than a
physical problem)...

What if it's a bypass line?
Old October 4th 05, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

wrote:
Tyson wrote:
I pay for two phone lines but I only got one number, so does this
still means i can get two seperate ADSL broadband, or do I need two
numbers in order to get two broadband?

You can't have ADSL on either of your 2 lines as BT doesn't supply it
over PBX lines (so it says in the manual but I wouldn't be suprised
if one or two have slipped thru as it's more of a data problem than a
physical problem)...

What if it's a bypass line?

If they are bypass lines they won't have the same numbers.

BT (in their infinite wisdom) will not provide DSL over any numbers
which are multi line working (featureline, featurenet, PBX etc, the only
exception is for single line featurelines & yes they do install them).
There isn't any physical reason it's all down to records/data keeping.