Most common connection speeds?

Old October 3rd 05, 10:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DAB sounds worse than FM

Default Most common connection speeds?

Do the vast majority of people with broadband have a 512k connection?

About what percentage of people do you think have 1 meg or higher?

Please sign the petition asking the BBC to provide better audio quality
on its radio stations on DAB, Freeview, satellite and cable:
http://tinyurl.com/a68e4

Old October 3rd 05, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

DAB sounds worse than FM wrote:
Do the vast majority of people with broadband have a 512k connection?

About what percentage of people do you think have 1 meg or higher?

After the latest rounds of bulk upgrading (nominally free to the end
user), which has taken place this year, I think you'll find that the
majority of people will have 1Mb or higher..

Old October 4th 05, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"DAB sounds worse than FM" wrote in message
Do the vast majority of people with broadband have a 512k connection?

About what percentage of people do you think have 1 meg or higher?

As the other poster said, I think that 512k is becoming less popular these
days, not because the end user is requesting the higher speeds, but because
the ISPs are just upgrading speeds automatically. A lot of ISPs are not now
promoting a 512k service at all.... I think that the majority of 512k users
now left, will be the ones whos exchange wont support higher or their line
quality wont allow higher speeds than 512k. However, I would like to hazard
a guess to what the figure is...

I currently have a 1mb connection and I'm told that 2mb is just around the
corner on an upgrade soon. (not that I need it)

Old October 4th 05, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 21:26:40 GMT, "DAB sounds worse than FM"
wrote:

Do the vast majority of people with broadband have a 512k connection?

About what percentage of people do you think have 1 meg or higher?

I had 500K ADSL. As soon as it was available all the 500K users were
upgraded to 2M so I would think 500K users are now in the minority.

http://www.easynn.com
Old October 4th 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tarzan

DAB sounds worse than FM wrote:
Do the vast majority of people with broadband have a 512k connection?

About what percentage of people do you think have 1 meg or higher?

Please sign the petition asking the BBC to provide better audio quality
on its radio stations on DAB, Freeview, satellite and cable:
http://tinyurl.com/a68e4

i just signed with ukonline for a 512 at 9-99 .it suits me as i am a
low user .
have a superfast at work during day.
cheaper than 14-99 dialup.with ltd use

Old October 5th 05, 12:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:12:28 GMT, "DAB sounds worse than FM"
wrote:

Just a follow-up: I saw an article about VDSL2 the other day, and that
has higher download and upload speeds than ADSL2+. Do you think that
will replace ADSL2+ eventually?

debatable, it needs to live in street cabinets with attendant cost and
practicality issues.

Phil

Old October 5th 05, 12:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DAB sounds worse than FM

wrote:

Just a follow-up: I saw an article about VDSL2 the other day, and
that has higher download and upload speeds than ADSL2+. Do you think
that will replace ADSL2+ eventually?

debatable, it needs to live in street cabinets with attendant cost and
practicality issues.

Fair enough, thanks.

Old October 5th 05, 11:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 4 Oct 2005 [sometime], "tarzan" wrote:

i just signed with ukonline for a 512 at 9-99

but UK Online/Easynet LLUStream is still not widely available, so it
is unlikely that a lot of others would opt for the 500 service, esp
when there are higher speed options, and if they are available, do
you not think many would opt for the 8000 kbps service, instead ?