Telling PlusNet to f*** off is worth 60 - Who do I go to...?

Old October 4th 05, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shevek

Default Telling PlusNet to f*** off is worth 60 - Who do I go to...?

OK, this Gold Silver Bronze nonsense and FUP is not what I signed up
for and I am off!

I have been looking at F2S Connect Plus (24.99 uncapped) and Eclipse
FLEX Home 2000 (29.99 unlimited).

Before I go ahead can anyone please confirm that these 2 providers do
not limit bandwidth or usage in any way, shape or form...?

Also, is there anything that Eclipse offer that F2S do not? - wondering
what the extra 5 a month actually provides...

If they are like for like I'll obviously go with F2S - do they have a
referral scheme? If so - first person to post there referral ID gets my
when I migrate.

TIA

Shevek

Old October 4th 05, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

OK, this Gold Silver Bronze nonsense and FUP is not what I signed up
for and I am off!

I have been looking at F2S Connect Plus (24.99 uncapped) and Eclipse
FLEX Home 2000 (29.99 unlimited).

Before I go ahead can anyone please confirm that these 2 providers do
not limit bandwidth or usage in any way, shape or form...?

Hi, I also migrated from the Plusnet mess, I considered Eclipse and
specifically asked if they limit usage in any way, they say they do not and
unlike PN support, I believe them, in the end though I went with Zen,
amazing difference in download speeds even before MinusNet started shaping
peoples accounts.

Good luck with whoever you migrate to, it will be hard to find a worse ISP
than Plusnet these days!

Old October 4th 05, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 4 Oct 2005 16:52, "Colin" wrote:

it will be hard to find a worse ISP than Plusnet these days!

Matter of opinion. If the ISP provides what users want, at a price they
find attractive, then that's generally enough. For those who find 100 GB
a "nasty restriction" each month (OK, one of a number of aspects, which PN
has as policy, and not the only thing which annoys some customers) then the
option is, of course, to leave. As someone paying less than a fifth of some
ISP fees (I paid 27.50 a year or so ago for a 1000 kbps service) for a 2000
kbps connection, and as someone whose traffic is in excess of 10 GB since
Saturday night, I'm far from complaining, and would consider a number of
other ISPs to still be considered "worse" overall. Just my 2p :-) PGM.

Old October 4th 05, 05:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin

Fair enough.

IMHO ... it will be hard to find a worse ISP than Plusnet these days!

Old October 4th 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

Colin wrote:
Fair enough.

IMHO ... it will be hard to find a worse ISP than Plusnet these days!

Actually I've got to say that it's still marginally better than the
service I received from NTL for over 3 years, while I waited for the
local Water board to extensively damage the local network thus enabling
me to get ADSL, but that's another story...

Old October 4th 05, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Crosby

In article ,
amming says...
while I waited for the
local Water board to extensively damage the local network thus enabling
me to get ADSL, but that's another story...

Care to elaborate? Sounds amusing

Alex
Old October 4th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Count de Monet

Shevek wrote:
OK, this Gold Silver Bronze nonsense and FUP is not what I signed up
for and I am off!

I have been looking at F2S Connect Plus (24.99 uncapped) and Eclipse
FLEX Home 2000 (29.99 unlimited).

Before I go ahead can anyone please confirm that these 2 providers do
not limit bandwidth or usage in any way, shape or form...?

Also, is there anything that Eclipse offer that F2S do not? - wondering
what the extra 5 a month actually provides...

If they are like for like I'll obviously go with F2S - do they have a
referral scheme? If so - first person to post there referral ID gets my
when I migrate.

TIA

Shevek

I'm with F2S 2Mb (24.99) they don't seem to throttle any ports as far as
I can tell, I get full download speed using Azureus. I have never had a
problem with them, their support is first rate too.

Regards
Old October 4th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Colin" wrote in message

Hi, I also migrated from the Plusnet mess, I considered Eclipse and
specifically asked if they limit usage in any way, they say they do not
and unlike PN support, I believe them

I am sure people believed PlusNet a year ago when they said they did not
have limits. Okay they might say that now, but what about 1 month, 3 months
or 6 months down the line? PlusNet changed, Eclipse may well change aswell.

Old October 4th 05, 08:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Shevek

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 17:11:55 +0100, poster
wrote:

On 4 Oct 2005 16:52, "Colin" wrote:

it will be hard to find a worse ISP than Plusnet these days!

Matter of opinion. If the ISP provides what users want, at a price they
find attractive, then that's generally enough. For those who find 100 GB
a "nasty restriction" each month (OK, one of a number of aspects, which PN
has as policy, and not the only thing which annoys some customers) then the
option is, of course, to leave. As someone paying less than a fifth of some
ISP fees (I paid 27.50 a year or so ago for a 1000 kbps service) for a 2000
kbps connection, and as someone whose traffic is in excess of 10 GB since
Saturday night, I'm far from complaining, and would consider a number of
other ISPs to still be considered "worse" overall. Just my 2p :-) PGM.

I would be OK with just the 100Gb limit but combine it with the damned
Bronze Silver Gold rubbish and its too much

I'm off to F2S!
--

Shevek

iTunesRegistry.com: 4,199 tracks, 2.968 diversity
http://www.itunesregistry.com/ reports/reports.php?showuser=2 011

Get DigiGuide - a downloadable desktop PC TV and Radio Guide
http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r =31493

Get Firefox!
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/? q=affiliates&id=8681&t=1