How long does it take to get a MAC code from PlusNet?

Old October 4th 05, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BonzaiMaster

Default How long does it take to get a MAC code from PlusNet?

I requested one 3 days ago and it has still not turned up (I'm migrating to
Metronet).

Old October 4th 05, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

BonzaiMaster wrote:
I requested one 3 days ago and it has still not turned up (I'm migrating to
Metronet).

Hi there,

It will generally be processed within a week or so. As we require 30
days notice anyway, you needn't worry about being billed any additional
monies as a result of the time taken to action this.

If you do want to chase it, then give us a call on 0845 1400200.

Before you do, check to see what the average answer time and current
longest waiting time is to avoid any queues:-
http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212

Kind Regards,

Old October 4th 05, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

In article ,
Plusnet Support Team writes
BonzaiMaster wrote:
I requested one 3 days ago and it has still not turned up (I'm migrating to
Metronet).

Hi there,

It will generally be processed within a week or so. As we require 30
days notice anyway, you needn't worry about being billed any additional
monies as a result of the time taken to action this.

An interesting contrast to Pipex who start the notice (30 day) period when
they finally get their arses in gear and issue the MAC. "Notice runs from
when we action the migration, not from when you give notice", er, yeah . .
--
fred
Old October 4th 05, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
woooshuk

BonzaiMaster wrote:
I requested one 3 days ago and it has still not turned up (I'm migrating
Metronet).

Mine took 48hrs, others have taken less.

It just depends when it is looked at and who by.

Old October 5th 05, 11:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 4 Oct 2005 21:07, "woooshuk" wrote:

Mine took 48hrs, others have taken less.
It just depends when it is looked at and who by.

And whether they insist on trying to contact you, to find out
a) which ISP you will be moving to (which might be unknown at the time)
b) if there's any other account which might be better suited...
(but that's probably quite unlikely for those wanting to shift due
to the policy changes/SUP/limits in effect now). Peter M.

Old October 5th 05, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

In article ,
woooshuk writes

BonzaiMaster wrote:
I requested one 3 days ago and it has still not turned up (I'm migrating
Metronet).

Mine took 48hrs, others have taken less.

It just depends when it is looked at and who by.

Asked for it Wednesday, got it the following Tuesday which is why I
mentioned it, took me into a new billing period for which I had to chase
them to give me a refund for the unused portion.
--
fred