Connection speed

Old October 4th 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trev

Default Connection speed

Router tells me that the "fast channel data rate" is
up-stream 288kbps
down-stream 2272 kbps
Currently I'm on a 1meg connection. Do the above figures mean I have a 2meg
connection ready to be upgraded to??
Thanx
Trev

Old October 4th 05, 07:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham

"Trev" wrote in message
.. .
Router tells me that the "fast channel data rate" is
up-stream 288kbps
down-stream 2272 kbps
Currently I'm on a 1meg connection. Do the above figures mean I have a

2meg
connection ready to be upgraded to??
Thanx
Trev

Yes, this is a common scenario, the synchronisation speed is 2Meg
downstream, and the ISP throttles it back to the service level you pay for.

You can indeed be confident that your line will be fine up to at least 2Meg.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old October 4th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trev

"Graham" wrote in message ...

"Trev" wrote in message
.. .
Router tells me that the "fast channel data rate" is
up-stream 288kbps
down-stream 2272 kbps
Currently I'm on a 1meg connection. Do the above figures mean I have a

2meg
connection ready to be upgraded to??
Thanx
Trev

Yes, this is a common scenario, the synchronisation speed is 2Meg
downstream, and the ISP throttles it back to the service level you pay
for.

You can indeed be confident that your line will be fine up to at least
2Meg.

Ah right as I was looking to upgrade to 2meg but a look at the other stats
made me think I wouldn't be able to get it. The noise margin at the min is
12db and the attenuation is 46db. but Im right in thinking that those
figures are for a 2meg line already. Am? or am I just confused :-)

Old October 4th 05, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kraftee

Trev wrote:
"Graham" wrote in message

"Trev" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Your 3dB out of the 2Mb limit but with your SNR being 12dB you should be
ok, as long as that SNR doesn't fluctuate downwards at any time..