ADSL bt engineer visit

Old October 4th 05, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Default ADSL bt engineer visit

"Willy" wrote in message
I have checked bt line checker for a family member
this is the result

Our initial test on your line indicates that you may be able to get
Broadband from BT with speeds up to 1Mb, which is up to 20 times
faster than dial-up. At the moment, your telephone line is unable to
support our 2Mb speed broadband package. Also, due to the length of
your line, an engineer visit may be required to set up your broadband
service.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to
confirm if your line is suitable for the speed of service you wish to
order.

my query is if we order from any other isp who pays for the engineers
visit and what is the likely cost
thanks

You dont pay, but it is blue murder trying to persuade some ISPs to pass on
the necessary visit over to BT.
It took me ninety minutes to get a tiscali advisor to refer the situation to
BT, similar experieinces with Demon.

Gaz

Old October 5th 05, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

"Willy" wrote in message
On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 21:30:10 +0100, "Gaz" wrote:

"Willy" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Thanks for the responces, now to enter the minefield of recomending an
isp to them

Some ISPs are excellent for going the extra mile, but they cost extra. AAISP
is one of those, the prices are about two years out of date, but they will
push the boat out and go the extra mile to get you broadband.

I think in terms of regular ISPs and anticipating a problem, i hate to say
it, but BT themselves might be the better ISP. BT Wholesale is supposed to
operate as a seperate company, and not give preference, in reality though,
it takes less head banging to get a line issue sorted out with BT ISP then
none BT ISP.

Just my experieince, i am sure others here have had the opposite
experieince/.

Gaz
Gaz