So what are Wanadoo like for migration from?

Old October 5th 05, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

Default So what are Wanadoo like for migration from?

I have the taste for a move now, I can see some reasonable savings that
make migration a financially viable option (i.e. worthwhile doing).

My only concern is that Wanadoo might screw up the migration process.
Some ISPs are stating that the process will fail if the account you are
migrating from is cancelled before the process is complete.

Any experience of them here?

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5) - FJ1200 ABS
Honda Civic: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)
Old October 5th 05, 08:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Andy Hewitt wrote:

: My only concern is that Wanadoo might screw up the migration process.
: Some ISPs are stating that the process will fail if the account you are
: migrating from is cancelled before the process is complete.

Looking at the newsgroup wanadaoo.adsl.discuss some people get a MAC code
immediately while others have to remind them. Just like most ISPs!

Once you have the magic "MAC code" you just type it in to the registration
process of most other ISPs!

Old October 5th 05, 11:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zebedee

Andy Hewitt wrote:
Brian McIlwrath wrote:

Andy Hewitt wrote:

: My only concern is that Wanadoo might screw up the migration process.
: Some ISPs are stating that the process will fail if the account you are
: migrating from is cancelled before the process is complete.

Looking at the newsgroup wanadaoo.adsl.discuss some people get a MAC code
immediately while others have to remind them. Just like most ISPs!

Once you have the magic "MAC code" you just type it in to the registration
process of most other ISPs!

Righto, cheers.

....and watch for billing. Wanadoo continued to bill us for 3-4 months
after the transfer was successfully completed until we contacted them to
stop (and refund).
Old October 6th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

Zebedee wrote:

[Snipped Text]

Righto, cheers.

...and watch for billing. Wanadoo continued to bill us for 3-4 months
after the transfer was successfully completed until we contacted them to
stop (and refund).

Yes, that's one that I'm wary of too. I should be able to change my
payment details though.