Motorla SB5100 modem and D-Link DSL-G604T wireless router

Old October 5th 05, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Parker

Default Motorla SB5100 modem and D-Link DSL-G604T wireless router

Yddap Wrote:
In ,
ABC opined very noisily:-
"Rob Parker"
wrote in
message ...-

I recently had BB installed via Telewest. I decided to go the
wireless route rather than having cables all over the house. They
supplied me with a Motorola SB5100 which works fine when connected
via Ethernet to my PC. I purchased a D-Link DSL-G604T wireless
router so I could access the web in another room.

The modem is next to the BB connection on the wall and the router
next to it connected via Ethernet. The router installation appears
to be fine as my PC can see the wireless network and I get a strong
signal however I cannot connect to the web. I have checked all the
LED's on both the modem and router and they appear to be fine.
Telewest have checked my modem and assured me it is fine also (as it
works without the router) but obviously won't support my router as
it wasn't purchased through them. The modem and router appear to
'talk' to one another as the WLAN LED on the router goes out when I
unplug the Ethernet cable. I've tried the usual resets, re-boots,
re-installs but nothing works.

Any suggestions or known incompatibility issues?

Thanks in advance

--
Rob Parker-

You have purchased the wrong router. That paticular router is for an
ADSL line, and as such will not work on cable broadband. This is a
common mistake that people have with routers.
Who suggested this model? Was it the shop that you purchased it from?
Did you fully explain that you were going to use Telewest broadband?
If so, I would suggest you take it back and swap it for a different
router (Linksys WRT54G, D-Link DI-614+)-

Correct answer ! see
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=372
--

Yddap
Remove guts to reply

Yes, I specifically told them what it was for and they assured me i
would work.

Thanks. I'll take it back ASA

--
Rob Parker
Old October 6th 05, 01:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Rob Parker
says...
Yes, I specifically told them what it was for and they assured me it
would work.

Thanks. I'll take it back ASAP

they probably got the models mixed up, what you need is the DI614 or the
DI624. Both work with ADSL or cable modems.

The G604T is very good for what it does do, but next to useless for what
you need.

FR