why do my speeds fluctuate so much ?

Old October 6th 05, 08:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tarzan

Default why do my speeds fluctuate so much ?

they appear to go from slow to over my actual speed. it does not make
any difference what time i use it.in the small hours it can be slow.
in peak time it can be fast. i am not a long distance from the
exchange. with ukonline.i cant figure out where to look to tune it
up.no common thread .

Old October 7th 05, 04:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
mr_flibble

tarzan Wrote:
they appear to go from slow to over my actual speed. it does not make
any difference what time i use it.in the small hours it can be slow.
in peak time it can be fast. i am not a long distance from the
exchange. with ukonline.i cant figure out where to look to tune it
up.no common thread .

If you are on a LLU product then ukonline basically provide a servic
ignoring whatever the bt wholesale line checker says.

Rather than me trying to give you all of this info look at this fro
the ADSL Guide UK Online forum.

http://tinyurl.com/bh79a

Hope it helps. There's a lot of useful stuff on that site for us U
Online customers.

Kel

--
mr_flibble
Old October 8th 05, 07:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

In article .com,
says...

i am not d/l anything ,just basic logon speed
what tools are available to troubleshoot my eratic speeds and dropped
lines?
there must be some way to isolate my problems.
how can i establish my SRN noise levels ?

Most routers give you this info.