Speedtouch 330, BT Yahoo broadband 2.2mb

Old October 7th 05, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Irritated206

Default Speedtouch 330, BT Yahoo broadband 2.2mb

I had my PC reformatted last week. I downloaded the drivers for m
modem on another PC, along with BT software, as I had lost the set u
CDs.

I got an error while installing the drivers saying something about
phonebook.ini file.

I downloaded the phonebook.ini file, downloaded the latest driver, an
tried to install them. no joy, I got an error saying: Invalid forma
(0001:Name) FileName=\phonebook.ini

what do I do now? I'm online using PAYG dial up and none too happ
about it LO

--
Irritated206
Old October 7th 05, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bill

Irritated206 wrote:

I had my PC reformatted last week. I downloaded the drivers for my
modem on another PC, along with BT software, as I had lost the set up
CDs.

I got an error while installing the drivers saying something about a
phonebook.ini file.

I downloaded the phonebook.ini file, downloaded the latest driver, and
tried to install them. no joy, I got an error saying: Invalid format
(0001:Name) FileName=\phonebook.ini

what do I do now? I'm online using PAYG dial up and none too happy
about it LOL

--
Irritated206

Buy a router ??
Generally a much cleaner and smarter way to go. It is handy if you ever
have a 2nd PC or new-build around to sort out.

Bill
Old October 8th 05, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jonny

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 16:41:53 +0100, Irritated206
wrote:

I had my PC reformatted last week. I downloaded the drivers for my
modem on another PC, along with BT software, as I had lost the set up
CDs.

I got an error while installing the drivers saying something about a
phonebook.ini file.

I downloaded the phonebook.ini file, downloaded the latest driver, and
tried to install them. no joy, I got an error saying: Invalid format
(0001:Name) FileName=\phonebook.ini

what do I do now? I'm online using PAYG dial up and none too happy
about it LOL

http://www.driverguide.com/ download the proper drivers from there,
and I know they definitely have them. But as an ex-owner of a Green
froggy spaceship you'd do well to take Bill's advice. I bought a ADSL
router from Ebuyer for 25, speeds are much better.