OT-0845 free dialup account

Old October 7th 05, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve H

Default OT-0845 free dialup account

Anyone know of a free 0845 or 0870 dialup account that can be accessed from
any del for when I'm out of range of a bongo.

Steve H

Old October 7th 05, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Anyone know of a free 0845 or 0870 dialup account that can be accessed
from any del for when I'm out of range of a bongo.

Steve H

if you mean what I think you mean..

Access Number: 0845 665 3000
Username: uk2
Password: uk2

Old October 7th 05, 11:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 21:03:19 +0100, [Steve H] said :-

Anyone know of a free 0845 or 0870 dialup account that can be accessed from
any del for when I'm out of range of a bongo.

Steve H

What the hell are you on about Slick ?
Old October 8th 05, 06:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 07 Oct 2005 23:30, Spin Dryer wrote:

On 7 Oct 2005 21:03, [Steve H] said :-

Anyone know of a free 0845 or 0870 dialup account that can be accessed
from any del for when I'm out of range of a bongo.

What the hell are you on about Slick ?

Um, you have your head in the sand ? Even though I've no laptop with
wireless card, I *am* aware of there being instances where people want
internet connection and are "out of range" of a wireless service (will
you believe there's one service called "boingo")... Anyway, check out
http://www.jiwire.com/ and you should find mention of Boingo, at the
very least... Must adit, though, that this is perhaps one of the last
groups I'd expect to use to find such info... uk.net.providers (or for
the out-of-date crowd, alt.internet.providers.uk :-) Peter M.

PS For OP: since the subject comes up often, and Google is a friend...
Try "UK ISP dial-up numbers" at http://groups.google.com/ aka DejaNews

Old October 8th 05, 02:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve H

"Spin Dryer" wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 06:27:37 +0100, [Peter M] said :-

On 07 Oct 2005 23:30, Spin Dryer wrote:

On 7 Oct 2005 21:03, [Steve H] said :-

Anyone know of a free 0845 or 0870 dialup account that can be accessed
from any del for when I'm out of range of a bongo.

What the hell are you on about Slick ?

Um, you have your head in the sand ?

No - but a Bongo ?

http://www.boingo.com/search.html?pgt=results&cnty=UK
The best mobile wifi hotspot provider, more than half are in pubs ;c)

del = Direct exchange line

What I need is a provider that will let me dial in from anywhere, most
require you to register a specific CLI.

Steve H

Old October 8th 05, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 08 Oct 2005 12:06, Spin Dryer wrote:

No - but a Bongo ?

Nicely snipped, but I knew *what was meant* and given the *out of range*
I'd think many could have guessed at wireless being in there :-) Peter.

Old October 8th 05, 04:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 8 Oct 2005 14:47, "Steve H" wrote:

"Spin Dryer" wrote in message

No - but a Bongo ?

The best mobile wifi hotspot provider, more than half are in pubs ;c)

If it's the best, then best spell it correctly :-) Peter M.
Old October 9th 05, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Cummings

In message , Steve H
writes

What I need is a provider that will let me dial in from anywhere, most
require you to register a specific CLI.

http://www.purpledial.co.uk/
http://www.123-reg.co.uk/dialup.shtml
http://adial.co.uk/

Is that the sort of thing you're after ?
--
Ian Cummings