Speedtouch 330, BT Yahoo broadband 2.2mb

Old October 8th 05, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Irritated206

Default Speedtouch 330, BT Yahoo broadband 2.2mb

Bill Wrote:
Irritated206 wrote:-

I had my PC reformatted last week. I downloaded the drivers for my
modem on another PC, along with BT software, as I had lost the set up
CDs.

I got an error while installing the drivers saying something about a
phonebook.ini file.

I downloaded the phonebook.ini file, downloaded the latest driver
and
tried to install them. no joy, I got an error saying: Invalid format
(0001:Name) FileName=\phonebook.ini

what do I do now? I'm online using PAYG dial up and none too happy
about it LOL

--
Irritated206-

Buy a router ??
Generally a much cleaner and smarter way to go. It is handy if yo
ever
have a 2nd PC or new-build around to sort out.

Bill

I managed to fix it yesterday so I'm back on broadband. It seems th
new drivders are rubbish, for me anyway, so I found the old ones onlin
and installed them. Working fine, downloaded a firewall, virus checke
etc and found lots of spyware & viruses, fun fun fun.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway

--
Irritated206
Old October 8th 05, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian

Irritated206 wrote:
Bill Wrote:
Irritated206 wrote:-

I had my PC reformatted last week. I downloaded the drivers for my
modem on another PC, along with BT software, as I had lost the set up
CDs.

I got an error while installing the drivers saying something about a
phonebook.ini file.

I downloaded the phonebook.ini file, downloaded the latest driver,
and
tried to install them. no joy, I got an error saying: Invalid format
(0001:Name) FileName=\phonebook.ini

what do I do now? I'm online using PAYG dial up and none too happy
about it LOL

--
Irritated206-

Buy a router ??
Generally a much cleaner and smarter way to go. It is handy if you
ever
have a 2nd PC or new-build around to sort out.

Bill

I managed to fix it yesterday so I'm back on broadband. It seems the
new drivders are rubbish, for me anyway, so I found the old ones
online and installed them. Working fine, downloaded a firewall,
virus checker etc and found lots of spyware & viruses, fun fun fun.

Thanks for your suggestions anyway x

A good reason for buying a router, most of them have built in firewall so a
lot of the nasties get nowhere near your computer.
--
Adrian A