PCI modem v External modem

Old October 8th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tarzan

Default PCI modem v External modem

which is liable to give the least noise ?
i am wondering if my PCI internal modem picks up noise

Old October 8th 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

tarzan wrote:

which is liable to give the least noise ?
i am wondering if my PCI internal modem picks up noise

Don't know about external modems - as in USB or whatever - but I have a PCI
internal ADSL modem and 2 routers with ADSL modems built in - and the PCI
modem consistently reports a better SNR/Noise Margin than either of the
routers - and has always given rock steady performance. The only reason I
don't use it is that it means having an additional computer turned on, just
to get internet access.
--
Cheers,
Tim