BT problems - is it because they screw you up on purpose after a d/l limit?

Old October 9th 05, 01:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default BT problems - is it because they screw you up on purpose after a d/l limit?

Just got my BT connection 2Mb/s working after asking to cancel - guess
what, one day later it's screwed again - pings really bad when they
were perfect before, d/l's pause, it takes ages to grab a 1MB file
compared to when it was good - email is slow, pages do not load -
nothing has changed on my PC except I logged off and on again - did
that many times as a test the past day no problem, then bingo - for
the past 5 hours things are screwed.

So, although BT state they have removed the supposed limits but may
contact people if they grab large amounts all the time - I wonder if
they have a setting on the account that after xGB/s, routes you
through some ****ty path - not doing anything at all except ping tests
or retrieving some txt files from a txt group fails or takes ages
respectively.

Not grabbed that much the past 24 hours.

Come tomorrow or Monday, whenever the cancellation office is open -
this time that's it - sod BT.
Old October 11th 05, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Spin Dryer

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 01:12:28 +0100, ] said :-

[...]

You are the only one reporting all these failures. You have not tried
any of the internal BT newsgroups.

There are _no_ limits in force at this present in time.

So, it's a local problem - either a serious security breech of your PC
- or some other hardware failure such as filters, modem/router etc
etc.
Old October 17th 05, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
rockies

Spin Dryer wrote:
[...]

Same probs here keep getting told its cause they've done work on the
exchanges over night. seems to run ok after a call to bt for about
24hrs then its back on the telephone

Old October 18th 05, 11:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 16 Oct 2005 16:00:25 -0700, "rockies"
wrote:

Spin Dryer wrote:
[...]

As I have found the past month - what do they do? Click a setting to
say -next logon for this customer route perfectly, otherwise shaft
them

A month on, same bull - last time they said the line looked iffy -
nonsense, phoned BT yet again, got 4 reference numbers and one CBUK
number, every time I call soon after when I logoff and backon it's
fine until I logon again - then it's bad for days. Not logged off in 2
days and whether it's busy downloading, web browsing, email (pop) it's
perfect. Left it doing nothing for 5 hours, came back, perfect.

Normally once I logoff it goes bad, so it's not the phone line, modem,
PC, socket (had a test from exchange to home for data loss and they
found that, then found a problem with nothing plugged in!), weathers
dull and wet and no problem, I am sure it's a BT ISP issue.

MY DSlam (2nd one if I believe them) is fine, must be a duff
ATM/router at the tele-house end.