Wensum.Net?

Old October 9th 05, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Deddajay

Default Wensum.Net?

Hi

First posting here as I'm looking to migrate from Plus Net.

I'm not rushing as I want to make sure that I go somewhere to suit my
needs. I'm considering Zen or F2S, but am slightly put off by the mass
exodus already heading in their direction - could lead to problems later
with capacity.

I've been with PN since 2001, and up to now have been pretty happy with
them and have recommended them to others. However, the recent changes
implemented without warning or consultation has annoyed me and the
Usenet throttling has affected me severely, considering that I only use
third party servers.

I'm a moderately heavy user - average download is around 40- 60 GBs per
month as I collect old radio shows for my husband, who is blind. I'm
looking for an ISP who will not throttle download speeds or use "traffic
management". I can live with caps, provided they greatly exceed my
anticipated usage.

I came across Wensum.Net, who provide ASDL through Norfolk Internet.
They look quite professional, seem to be geared mainly to business users
but provide access for home users. They are not particularly cheap, but
within the price range I am considering - I am prepared to pay more for
a quality service. Has anyone come across them or has any experience of
them? Any comments would be welcome or any other suggestions or
recommendations for a quality service.

Kind regards
Heather

Old October 9th 05, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ras

On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 11:11:20 +0100, "Deddajay"
wrote:

[...]

Try Demon.net They are unmetered and always have been!
-- ras
Old October 9th 05, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter M

On 09 Oct 2005 12:41, ras wrote:

Try Demon.net They are unmetered and always have been!

It is, perhaps, fortunate that their Demon Home account is unavailable for
people to migrate to, but others have mentioned complaints about that a/c.
So one may need to do research to get a suitable account if joining Demon.

--

UK ADSL http://tinyurl.com/dghgq - Happy to save cash with Plus.Net!

Unsuitable for heavy downloaders, but fine for video/audio streaming.