Need BT to register my line as 2MBit? How?

Old October 9th 05, 12:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

Default Need BT to register my line as 2MBit? How?

Does anyone have the best way of getting BT to upgrade my line as capable of
2Mb? I am currently down as able to get 1MB, but my noise figures are way
in advance of being able to get 2MB. All my neightbours who are fed from
the same pole, all are down as 2MB capable, but mine is down as 1MB. How do
I get BT to upgrade their record for my line? Is there a way to get them to
do it? Thanks Tony

Old October 9th 05, 02:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Tony says...
Does anyone have the best way of getting BT to upgrade my line as capable of
2Mb? I am currently down as able to get 1MB, but my noise figures are way
in advance of being able to get 2MB. All my neightbours who are fed from
the same pole, all are down as 2MB capable, but mine is down as 1MB. How do
I get BT to upgrade their record for my line? Is there a way to get them to
do it? Thanks Tony

my next door neighbour might have a ten inch penis, but it doesn't mean
that I should have one.

It is down to other factors for your broadband speed such as line
quality and distance to exchange. BT may have done their own testing and
decided your line does not support it based on their own figures.

Otherwise get an ISP to manually submit a regrade for you. Vispa are
extremely good at getting BT to sit up and bark. Your line may also just
suffer from a bug or outdated BT data which can be got round. The
garbage ISPs and usual suspects will probably just sing from the BT
hymnsheet, what you need is an ISP who can push it through (and not from
an Indian call centre)

FR
Old October 9th 05, 09:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sheila

"Flying Rat" wrote in message
In article , Tony says...
Does anyone have the best way of getting BT to upgrade my line as

capable of
2Mb? I am currently down as able to get 1MB, but my noise figures are

way
in advance of being able to get 2MB. All my neightbours who are fed

from
the same pole, all are down as 2MB capable, but mine is down as 1MB.

How do
I get BT to upgrade their record for my line? Is there a way to get them

do it? Thanks Tony

my next door neighbour might have a ten inch penis, but it doesn't mean
that I should have one.

True, but I bet you'd be jealous of him if he did have!
Hardly relevant to the query is it?