Help, No Broadband After 6pm

Old October 15th 05, 07:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob Gibson

Default Help, No Broadband After 6pm

"Rob Gibson" wrote in message

"Flying Rat" wrote in message
In article .com, Ash
says...
Hi All

I loose my broadband signal at around 6pm every night. BT are being no
help. Any ideas why this may be. Works fine during the day, just a
problem in the evenings!

could be many things. You got a Sky box for instance? Or flourescent
lighting anywhere near the modem/router?

It could also be line noise which does increase in the evening. If your
line is marginal an increase might just tip the balance.

Also try changing your broadband filter. You would be surprised how
often that cures things; try borrowing one from someone else first

FR

So, come on Ash, any update?

Why is it that peeps post these things asking for help, and then you never
hear anything more from them? I'd like to know if he found out what the
problem was. Oh well, just me I suppose.